Like most diseases, chronic hemorrhoids can occur in acute form with the accompanying severe symptoms, but can go into a chronic sluggish stage. Therefore, it is very important to treat a sudden outbreak of the disease by contacting a proctologist, so you can get rid of hemorrhoids forever, and not provoke the development of a chronic form.
However, it is worth noting that in most cases, hemorrhoids, without the necessary treatment, smoothly flows into the chronic stage. Most patients, due to their own shyness or due to lack of time, are in no hurry to consult a doctor, and the acute symptoms of the disease gradually fade away, creating the illusion of recovery. The patient lives on calmly, thinking that the hemorrhoid has been cured, but in fact, the disease has not gone away, she simply “fell asleep” to the following favorable conditions in order to remind herself of the exacerbation of symptoms.
The internal form of chronic hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids are divided into two forms - internal and external, depending on the location of the nodes. Internal hemorrhoids, as a rule, are generally not noticeable to the patient until the onset of exacerbation. The nodes are located inside the rectum and become visible only if favorable factors appear for its exacerbation. For example, prolonged constipation, infection, congestive blood in the pelvic area lead to an increase in the internal nodes to their pain. As a result, these hemorrhoidal cones do not allow the feces to go out unhindered, which causes a person a lot of trouble. In addition, fairly large nodes can fall out of the anus during a trip to the toilet.
Hemorrhoids internal: symptoms. Internal hemorrhoids of the 1st degree are asymptomatic. To get rid of the disease at this stage is simple, you just need to choose the right treatment for hemorrhoids with drugs. Stage 2 already has symptoms and may be characterized by prolapse of the nodes from the rectum, however, the nodes are still adjusted inward on their own. But at 3 stages, it is possible to correct the fallen out nodes inward only with the fingers because they greatly increase in size. Gradually, the disease takes a chronic form and takes on a cycle, replacing periods of remission with periods of exacerbation.
Internal hemorrhoids are always characterized by a duration of the course, and it is much more difficult to treat it. Proctologists argue that the period of "sleep" of a chronic form can be extended if certain rules are followed. The patient is required to monitor his diet in order to avoid the development of constipation. Constipation is considered the main factor causing the exacerbation of the disease. Solid feces can severely injure hemorrhoid cones, thereby contributing to an exacerbation of the disease. A symptom such as bleeding from damaged nodes appears, stable blood loss leads to iron deficiency anemia. This factor indicates the need for urgent treatment of the disease, because here you can talk not only about problems with hemorrhoids, but also about the poor general health of the patient.
Symptoms of the internal form
Symptoms of the first stage are not so noticeable. Unless, the patient sometimes feels discomfort in the rectal area and difficulties during going to the toilet. In most cases, such minor symptoms are not addressed, and hemorrhoids continue to develop further. Over time, the following symptoms appear:
- Due to inflammation in the rectum or due to caustic discharge from the anus, the patient begins to feel symptoms such as itching, burning, pain.
- Constantly pursued by the feeling of something foreign in the anus, something presses inside and bursts the walls of the rectum.
- Symptoms of pain become regular, feces injure already enlarged hemorrhoids.
- Symptoms such as sores and fissures of the anus appear. They are very painful and often bleed.
- Symptoms of bleeding should be noted separately. As a rule, severe bleeding occurs after trauma to the internal hemorrhoid cones by dry feces. But small bleeding, expressed as droplets of blood on the underwear or in the feces, appears from the cracks in the anus. In both cases, the symptoms of bleeding indicate neglect of the disease and bring tangible pain.
- Chronic hemorrhoids with exacerbation almost always have symptoms such as prolapse of the hemorrhoid cones from the rectum. In addition, the cones themselves become tense and painful, have a bluish tint and large sizes.
- Symptoms of complications may develop - pinching of hemorrhoids, thrombosis.
The treatment of the chronic form of internal hemorrhoids, as mentioned above, lasts a long time. First of all, you should remove the symptoms and alleviate the patient's condition, after which you need to make every effort to prevent the following exacerbations of the disease.
Internal hemorrhoids suggest a comprehensive treatment. That is, it is mandatory to use local and general preparations together with traditional medicine recipes. Ointments and tablets are usually used to treat external hemorrhoids, while internal hemorrhoids involve treatment with suppositories, tablets, although many ointments come with a special cap for injecting the drug into the rectum.
Basically, treatment of internal hemorrhoids depends on the degree of neglect of the disease and the size of the hemorrhoid cones themselves. If the disease is just beginning to develop, one conservative treatment is enough, or alternative recipes can be used.
The treatment of internal hemorrhoids is often assigned to this drug. Candles of the Relief line contain shark liver oil, which allows the drug to fight inflammation of the rectum, effectively remove bleeding and heal cracks in the anus. This drug can be treated when the patient is worried about chronic or acute hemorrhoids.
These are rectal suppositories that provide treatment for the internal forms of chronic hemorrhoids. First of all, the medicine is aimed at alleviating the symptoms of hemorrhoids, to combat the inflammatory processes of the rectal zone. Also, the drug dries well weeping hemorrhoids.
Suppositories against internal hemorrhoids of this manufacturer perfectly cope with the inflammatory processes of the rectum due to the active components in their composition - heparin, polydocanol, prednisone. Treatment with the drug is recommended only after consultation with a proctologist, especially pregnant women and nursing mothers.
This drug in the form of an ointment treats chronic hemorrhoids of the external form, but the miraculous properties of the drug should also be used to treat internal hemorrhoids by introducing the ointment inside. According to patients, after several uses of the drug, relief comes, inflammation goes away, swelling subsides, and the pain relieves. In addition, the drug takes care of the treatment of veins and blood vessels, strengthening the walls and increasing their extensibility. Eliminates bleeding.
These candles consist only of natural ingredients that have many medicinal properties. They remove itching and burning, eliminate pain by fighting inflammation and swelling. They can stop bleeding, heal the wounds of the anus and have a regenerative function. Homeopathic candles can be with sea buckthorn, contain tea tree oil, wormwood, fir, yarrow and other herbs. The drug perfectly treats chronic hemorrhoids.
Treatment of chronic hemorrhoids involves folk methods of struggle. For example, candles from fresh potatoes. They are popular and effective, but only in the initial stages of development. Take a freshly ripened potato, cut a candle with a smooth smooth edge with a knife, dip it in honey and put it into the anus for the whole night. In the morning, the candle will come out with feces, creating its magical effect. As you can see, such a drug is absolutely natural, so it can be used as much as needed.
Ice, of course, does not provide treatment for chronic hemorrhoids, but copes with the symptoms of the disease. First of all, ice removes the pain syndrome, simply freezing the nerve endings. You can take sitz baths with cold water, wash with cold water after a bowel movement, or just make lotions from gauze soaked in water. Ice is also wrapped in gauze and applied to the anus. Such procedures will allow chronic hemorrhoids to remain sluggish.
Surgery to remove hemorrhoidal cones, as a rule, is prescribed only if conservative treatment in the form of ointments, tablets and suppositories did not help. That is, it became possible to get rid of the disease only surgically.
- The operation, called sclerotherapy in medicine, is as follows: sclerotherapy drugs are injected into the node using a special apparatus and a syringe. Thanks to the drug introduced, the nodes simply bleed and pass.
- The next operation is called infrared coagulation. Performs a photocoagulator procedure. The fiber of the device is brought to the leg of the assembly, warm air coagulates the assembly. This method is used only to eliminate bleeding.
- Operation - ligation of hemorrhoidal cones by means of latex rings. The doctor puts a ring on the internal node, so after 15 days the node simply falls off, leaving behind a stump.
- Cryotherapy is an operation performed under anesthesia. The nodes are frozen for several minutes with liquid nitrogen, after which they die off, leaving a small wound that is healed with certain drugs.
- Today they carry out laser operations. The laser perfectly cuts and heals wounds. Such an operation is carried out with any form of the disease, and even with thrombosis. The beam burns a bump from the inside with an internal form and cuts it off with an external hemorrhoids. The tissues are immediately laser-welded, and there is no bleeding.
- Surgery is performed with general anesthesia. They suggest hospitalization and rehabilitation period, which is absolutely individual for each patient.
To avoid surgery, you just need to contact a proctologist at the first sign of hemorrhoids beginning.
Subcutaneous hemorrhoids - symptoms and treatment
External hemorrhoidal nodes are formed from the plexus of cavernous vessels that are under the skin around the anus, behind the dentate line.
Here is a large number of nerve endings. For this reason, external hemorrhoids are always accompanied by severe discomfort and pain.
Features of external hemorrhoids:
- The nodes are localized along the edge of the anus and around it,
- External nodes may be randomly located, although the vessels under the skin are evenly localized,
- Most often, nodes can be found on the left lateral, right front and back walls of the anal canal, if you examine the patient in a supine position.
In medicine, the location of hemorrhoidal nodes is determined relative to the dial, that is, the external nodes are localized mainly at 3, 7 and 11 hours.
It is not difficult to diagnose external hemorrhoids, usually the patient himself is well aware of his problem, therefore treatment is carried out much faster and more successfully than diseases of the internal form.
At stages 1-2, treatment is carried out with conservative methods - medicines, physiotherapy, and folk remedies are used.
Also, special gymnastics and a diet for hemorrhoids supplement the treatment, which helps to strengthen the muscles and vessels of the rectum and prevents constipation.
Features of internal hemorrhoids
With internal hemorrhoids, the upper artery of the rectum is affected. The hemorrhoidal nodes are located inside the anal canal, they are not visible from the outside, until they greatly increase and begin to fall out.
Diagnosis and treatment of the internal form of the pathology is often complicated by the fact that pain is absent, and the patient does not go to the doctor for a long time, while the disease progresses.
There are two types of nerve fibers:
- Somatic - they transmit pain to the brain.
- Visceral - such nerves only feel pressure.
It is precisely the visceral nerves that are located in the rectum above the dentate line, so the patient may not feel any pain or discomfort until the hemorrhoids turn into a neglected form and the nodes become inflamed. It is almost impossible to detect internal hemorrhoids in the early stages, only with a preventive or random examination of the intestine.
If pain is a typical symptom of external hemorrhoids, then anal bleeding is more characteristic for the internal form of the disease. This happens due to injury to the nodes during bowel movements or mechanical stress. At stages 3 and 4 of internal hemorrhoids, the nodes protrude and may fall out.
At first, the nodes are set on their own, sometimes the patient helps himself with his fingers. Then this cannot be done due to severe swelling and pain - the node remains outside, the inflammation develops further, there is a risk of pinching the hemorrhoid and its necrotization. In this case, even with internal hemorrhoids, constant and severe pain appears.
Diagnosis is carried out using the following methods:
- Digital rectal examination
- Research with a special tool - anoscope.
In both cases, the patient is in a knee-elbow pose. In this position, the nodes are localized at 1, 5 and 9 hours. The examination allows you to determine the degree of the disease and determine the necessary treatment.
Treatment of internal and external hemorrhoids
Both internal and external hemorrhoids can occur in both acute and chronic form. In acute hemorrhoids, the patient usually immediately consults a doctor, since the pain is very severe and bleeding is often present.
Ate during this period, the patient will heal hemorrhoids independently with folk remedies, the pain subsides and the bleeding stops, but this is only a temporary phenomenon. After a while, the patient who has calmed down and postponed the visit to the proctologist will feel all the manifestations of hemorrhoids again - the impetus can be lifting even small weights or constipation.
Therefore, it is better to start drug treatment as early as possible, using alternative drugs as auxiliary. Usually, in order to heal hemorrhoids, to get rid of pain, itching and bleeding, local remedies are enough - ointments and suppositories. If you supplement them with baths and compresses, then very soon you can forget about hemorrhoids for a long time.
The most popular and effective remedy for hemorrhoids available in a pharmacy without a doctor’s prescription is the Relief line of drugs. Ointments or suppositories with various active substances in the composition are designed for different forms and stages of hemorrhoids. Suppositories are more effective with internal or combined hemorrhoids, ointments are more suitable for treating the external.
The main components of the ointment Relief from hemorrhoids are:
- Natural oils are shark liver oil, cocoa butter or thyme oil.
- Phenylephrine - a substance that narrows the walls of blood vessels, quickly eliminates swelling, burning and pain.
Some types of the drug - for example, Relief Advance - contain benzocaine, which acts as a strong analgesic. Treatment with this suppository or ointment is indicated for acute hemorrhoids, accompanied by severe pain.
Relif Ultra contains hydrocortisone and zinc. Hydrocortisone effectively relieves swelling and burning, and zinc promotes the healing of abrasions and their regeneration. Relief Ultra is usually prescribed if, in addition to hemorrhoids, there are also anal fissures, wounds and abrasions. A specialist will tell about hemorrhoids in the video in this article.
Causes of Chronic Hemorrhoids
Chronic hemorrhoids can be caused by various factors. It all depends on the lifestyle of the patient, as well as the characteristics of his body. In most cases, the disease of chronic hemorrhoids occurs for the following reasons:
- Low physical activity
- Work that requires a constant sitting position.
These factors most often constantly cause the disease. Most patients work in offices or drivers. Unfortunately, there are other factors that cause chronic hemorrhoids. These include:
- Frequent lifting of heavy objects
- The constant use of fried, boiled foods, as well as flour products,
- Heredity. In this case, there must be additional factors
- In women, the disease can be caused by pregnancy or childbirth,
- An infectious disease can also cause cavernous masses.
To reduce the likelihood of contracting chronic hemorrhoids, having the code I84 according to ICD-10, it is enough to eliminate the provoking factors. Of course, it’s impossible to completely get rid of the influencing factors, but it is possible to reduce them to a minimum.
Symptoms of persistent hemorrhoids
Quite often, the patient learns about the disease only after bleeding begins from the anus. This is due to the fact that the initial symptoms of chronic cavernous formations are almost invisible. Even the first signs of pathology are attributed by many patients to fatigue or intestinal upset.
It should be noted that the symptoms of chronic hemorrhoids depend on the degree of the disease. Doctors share 4 degrees of the disease with the following symptoms:
- Chronic hemorrhoids of the 1st degree is manifested in the form of a slight discomfort. When prescribing treatment, you can get rid of the disease quickly enough,
- Chronic hemorrhoids of the 2nd degree is manifested in the form of prolapse of cavernous sacs at the time of the act of defecation. When the emptying process is completed, the cavernous plexus returns to its place. Sometimes itching or burning
- Chronic hemorrhoids of the 3rd degree are caused by the appearance of enlarged cavernous sacs. If prolapse occurs, hemorrhoidal nodes must be self-corrected. Depending on the form of the disease, there may be blood in the stool,
- Chronic hemorrhoids of the 4th degree are caused by the proliferation of venous plexuses. When you try to set the nodes in place, a strong pain syndrome appears. In addition, it is impossible to return the cavernous plexus into place without the help of a specialist. Most often, the disease is accompanied by an inflammatory process and heavy bleeding.
When a person hemorrhoids, it certainly must be treated. Otherwise, serious complications may occur.
Exacerbation of chronic hemorrhoids
In the absence or incorrect treatment, the patient may experience serious complications. The main symptoms of chronic cavernous formations with complications include fever, profuse bleeding, as well as compaction of the node.
There are 3 degrees of exacerbation of chronic hemorrhoids:
- Thrombosis without an inflammatory process,
- Severe inflammation of the cavernous nodes
- Thrombosis accompanied by an inflammatory process.
With exacerbation of hr. hemorrhoids, urgent medical attention is needed. The acute form of persistent hemorrhoids can be accompanied by the following complications:
- Swelling of the anus,
- Heavy bleeding
- Venous plexus tissue necrosis,
- Purulent paraproctitis.
If the first signs of a complication of chronic hemorrhoids occur, you must go to the clinic to diagnose and confirm the diagnosis. In most cases, treatment of exacerbation and 4 degrees of pathology is carried out by operational methods.
Diagnosis of chronic hemorrhoids
After contacting the clinic, the proctologist must determine the internal or external cron. hemorrhoids in a patient. According to this, appropriate treatment will be prescribed.
After listening to the patient’s complaints, the doctor should perform a visual examination. Thus, it is possible to determine whether prolapse of the venous plexus has occurred. If a visual examination does not give a result, a palpation examination should be performed.
To clarify the diagnosis, it is recommended to use an instrumental examination. Specialists can conduct research using the following methods:
- Anoscopy An anoscope is used for research. With the help of such a device, external chronic hemorrhoids can be examined. In this case, cavernous formations can be located at a depth of 12 centimeters in the rectum. After inserting the instrument into the anus, the doctor visually sees changes in the rectum,
- Sigmoidoscopy. In the event that cavernous lesions have not been detected, it is necessary to use this research method. Most often, such an examination is prescribed for chronic internal hemorrhoids of 2 or 3 degrees. A specialist is able to examine the large intestine at a depth of 50 centimeters,
- Colonoscopy This is the most effective study prescribed for chronic internal hemorrhoids 2 or 3 degrees. The specialist gets the opportunity to fully explore the large intestine, the total length of which reaches 150 centimeters,
- Irrigoscopy. It is used in rare cases, as it can not always recognize chronic hemorrhoids. A similar instrumental method allows you to see changes on the walls of the intestine.
When internal cavernous formations are confirmed, the specialist will determine the treatment. Depending on the neglect of the disease, therapy may consist of tablets and suppositories or minimally invasive agents.
How to get rid of chronic hemorrhoids?
Patients should be aware that getting rid of a disease is easier while it is at stage 1 or 2. When choosing a method of treatment, the doctor should focus on the form of the disease, as well as severity.
If the disease proceeds without complications, specialists stop at a conservative method of treatment. Therapy involves the use of:
It should be noted that some drugs are used only to treat a certain form of the disease. Any medications aimed at eliminating varicose veins in the rectum and symptoms. Also, drugs strengthen the walls of the vascular system. To avoid thrombosis, blood must be diluted.
When drug therapy does not cure the patient, specialists prescribe conservative methods of treatment to the patient. Most often, these methods treat external chronic hemorrhoids of 3 stages.
The most common methods include:
- Latex rings,
- Laser coagulation,
The disadvantage of minimally invasive methods is that after 1 year the disease can return. This is possible if the causes of permanent cavernous formations are not eliminated.
Chronic hemorrhoids can be treated in an operative way, but doctors resort to surgery only for complications, and when the disease went into stage 4.
It is best not to start the ailment, for this it is enough to carry out simple preventive measures.
Prevention of exacerbations of chronic hemorrhoids
Prevention should begin with a change in diet. It is important with an internal chronic hemorrhoids to adhere to a strict diet. Foods included in the diet should help normalize stool.
In the event that it is difficult to make a diet on your own, you should seek the help of specialists. In addition, some products that are beneficial to the body may individually cause an allergic reaction.
In addition to diet, you must adhere to a few simple rules:
- After a bowel movement, use a soft tissue or paper, so as not to cause cavernous nodular damage and irritation,
- It is useful to wash yourself with cool water. Such a procedure will relieve severe pain,
- If itching occurs, do not scratch the anus. Otherwise, chronic bleeding hemorrhoids may occur,
- Before going to bed, take a warm bath. It is important to sit with raised knees. In this way, the pain will subside
- To reduce the likelihood of complications, you do not need to cool down,
- Perform exercises every day. This is especially true for people spending more than 5 hours a day in a chair or armchair,
- Being overweight can complicate the situation, so you need to monitor your body weight,
- It is strongly recommended not to overstrain when visiting the toilet. If you do not follow this simple rule, you can provoke the loss of cavernous formations and other consequences.
Performing simple preventive measures will avoid serious complications. With bleeding chronic hemorrhoids, you should seek help from specialists.
External (external) hemorrhoids
External hemorrhoids are easily diagnosed during a visual examination. In this disease, enlarged hemorrhoidal nodes are located outside, surrounding the anus.
External hemorrhoids are characterized by signs such as persistent itching, burning and an irresistible desire to scratch a sore spot. Because of this, irritations often appear.
This type of hemorrhoids goes away without bleeding, although after visiting the toilet, blood is often found on paper. This is the result of constant constipation, when enlarged hemorrhoids are injured when the stool is difficult to pass. The amount of blood is negligible. External hemorrhoids are often accompanied by the appearance of cracks in the anus, which bleed during bowel movements.
Another symptom that is very characteristic of external hemorrhoids is a sharp, excruciating pain during periods of exacerbation. It is difficult for the patient to move around, and a sudden fit of coughing or an unexpected sneeze that could not be restrained sometimes ends in a swoon. As soon as the acute period ends, the pain disappears right away, and the person’s disease practically does not bother.
Causes of chronic external hemorrhoids
The risk of a chronic form of this disease, first of all, depends on hereditary predisposition. Annoying factors give impetus to the gradual development of hemorrhoids.
As for the factors that depend on the person, then The following conditions can lead to external hemorrhoids:
- sedentary lifestyle,
- prolonged sitting position due to professional activity,
- regular constipation, they can be chronic
- carrying heavy objects (strong tension of the abdominal muscles),
- excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages.
Many women also experience external hemorrhoids. during pregnancy or after childbirth. This is due to the fact that the uterus increases and begins to put pressure on the intestines. As a result, blood circulation in the pelvic organs worsens, which leads to severe constipation.
Chronic external hemorrhoids has a sluggish character! Exacerbations are observed as a result of exposure to irritating factors, which are the causes of the development of the disease.
Visually diagnosing internal hemorrhoids can be far from always, and only in the late stages of the disease. It hides in the rectum and is a small dense mass filled with blood.
A characteristic sign of internal hemorrhoids is frequent and rather heavy bleeding, which occurs as a result of the fact that compacted feces, passing through the rectum, touch these seals, tearing them. The process of defecation with this form of hemorrhoids is accompanied by unpleasant sensations and even severe pain.
It happens that when a person lifts something heavy or pushes, trying to empty his intestines, there is a prolapse of the internal hemorrhoid. This happens in the later stages of the disease. There is no time to linger. Perhaps the patient urgently needs surgical intervention.
External and internal hemorrhoids differ not only in symptoms. The location of the nodes of the external hemorrhoids is under the skin, while the internal appears under the mucous membrane of the rectum. Because of this, external hemorrhoids are often called subcutaneous, and external - submucosal. The skin around the anus is literally pierced by nerve endings. That is why during periods of exacerbation with external hemorrhoids, acute, often thinning pain occurs. With internal hemorrhoids, the patient often does not experience pain at all, especially in the early stages of the disease. Some discomfort later appears.
Blood on paper is present in both forms of hemorrhoids, but if its quantity is very small with the external, then with internal bleeding it is frequent and can lead to anemia.
Manifestations of the disease
Symptoms of this disease appear during an exacerbation. The patient begins to feel such ailments:
- bleeding after bowel movements,
- painful excretion of feces,
- itching and burning in the anus.
Depending on the severity, the disease is divided into 4 stages. Manifestations of each stage have their own characteristics.
- First stage. It is characterized by minor bleeding. Hemorrhoidal nodes can be detected only as a result of endoscopic examination.
- Second stage. Hemorrhoidal nodes fall out at the time of excretion of feces. But after that they fall into place.
- Third stage. Educated nodes do not adjust themselves, but this can be done by hand.
- The fourth stage. Hemorrhoidal nodes fall out even with minor physical exertion, especially when the abdominal muscles are involved.
Hemorrhoids indoor and outdoor simultaneously
If a person shows signs of both internal and external hemorrhoids, this disease is called combined hemorrhoids.
The causes of the appearance of combined hemorrhoids are no different from those that cause internal and external hemorrhoids. It:
- congestion that occurs in the pelvic area with a lack of movement,
- difficult birth
- large body weight
- persistent constipation
- power sports,
- varicose veins and others.
Combined hemorrhoids often do not manifest themselves at all, and when obvious signs of the disease appear, it means that it has passed into a chronic form.
If you miss the first subtle symptoms, the disease goes to the next stage, and then the patient has a hard time: debilitating itching in the anus, painful bowel movements, significant bleeding, leading to the development of anemia - all this falls on the patient at the same time.
If the disease is severely neglected, the patient’s life turns into a real nightmare: the natural process of bowel movement causes unbearable pain, weakness and anemia rapidly increase due to constant bleeding, a person can no longer do without diapers due to spontaneous leakage of liquid stool and constant gas evolution.
At this stage, only surgery can help, and the process of returning to normal life will be long and difficult.
What is dangerous?
The danger of this disease is that during the period of exacerbation it can develop into an acute form. This will entail not only painful sensations, but also the formation of blood clots.
They, in turn, cause inflammatory processes and severe swelling in the anus. As a result, the patient has bowel obstruction, which requires immediate hospitalization and treatment in stationary conditions.
Before applying this or that remedy, it is necessary to carry out hygienic procedures: after the act of defecation, wash the anus area thoroughly with water, rinse with a decoction of herbs and dry it with soaking movements using a gauze or bandage. After that, take a comfortable pose and apply ointment or introduce a candle.
Remedy for external hemorrhoids. Reduces inflammation, relieves pain. The agent is applied twice a day to the affected area or using the attached applicator is injected into the anus. After treatment, it is recommended to use the drug for ten days as a preventive measure. Ointment should not be used for various skin diseases. It can also cause allergic reactions. Before use, it is necessary to consult with your doctor.
An effective drug for the rapid healing of hemorrhoids. It has antiseptic, wound healing and hormonal properties. The drug should not be used for a long course, it is intended for a single support. Contraindications include increased sensitivity of the body to the active components of the drug, various fungal and viral diseases, skin diseases and Cushing's syndrome.
The drug is intended for the treatment of hemorrhoids combined with infectious diseases of the rectum. Anesthetizes, has antibacterial and hormonal effects. The course of treatment lasts from seven to fourteen days. Three times a day, the ointment is introduced into the anus using a special extension cord. To use the drug alone is not recommended. In case of an allergy to lidocaine, as well as with inflammatory processes in the injection zone, the ointment should not be used.
Fast acting hemorrhoids medicine. It removes itching, burning, inflammation and swelling in the area of the formation of hemorrhoidal nodes, soothes pain, gradually reduces and even stops bleeding, encourages the immune system to fight the disease. Treatment lasts for a week. Up to four candles can be administered daily. With a satisfactory condition of the patient, the dosage is reduced to two suppositories. Contraindications: low content of white blood cells in the blood, thrombosis and allergies.
Suppositories used for exacerbation of hemorrhoids. Designed for patients who for one reason or another do not have the opportunity to immediately consult a doctor. For this, the drug contains a minimum of chemical compounds and a maximum of natural components. It is recommended to use the drug once to relieve suffering, and consult a doctor immediately as soon as possible. Before use, you should carefully study the composition: in a patient with intolerance to any component of the suppository, a dangerous allergic reaction may occur.
Suppositories that can be used for thrombosis of the hemorrhoid. Thanks to anestezin, they quickly anesthetize the damaged area, and heparin helps dissolve the blood clot. The course of treatment should, after examination, be prescribed by a doctor. On average, a drug is administered over ten to fourteen days. If you experience allergic reactions to the components of the drug, you should immediately stop treatment and contact the clinic. In the treatment of hemorrhoids, therapy should not last longer than three weeks.
Drug treatment works well in the initial stages of the disease. Launched cases often require surgical intervention.
Milligan-Morgan hemorrhoidectomy - a radical method of treating hemorrhoids, in which hemorrhoids are removed together with part of the intestinal mucosa (there is also the Prax method, when the nodes are cut out with minimal damage to the intestinal wall). After the operation, the section can either heal independently (open method), or stitches are placed on it (closed method).
Longo hemorrhoidectomy - Another type of surgical intervention, in which blood flow is limited to the hemorrhoidal nodes, after which the cones decrease and gradually acquire a normal anatomical structure. Thus, you can quickly, painlessly and with minimal blood loss, get rid of hemorrhoids.
After surgery, the patient needs bed rest for two weeks. Sudden movements and heavy physical exertion should be avoided. On the fifteenth day, the patient is allowed to get out of bed and walk for a short time. During hygiene measures after the toilet, it is necessary to wash the anus with purified water or infusion of medicinal herbs. For convenience, you should purchase a special anti-hemorrhoid cushion for sitting.
Do not eat heavy or fatty foods, you need to eat more often, in small portions - from five to seven times a day. Soda, wheat bread, beans, peas, and other foods that increase the amount of gas in the intestines should also be avoided. It is recommended to eat porridges cooked on water, soup, dairy products, tea and boiled meat.
For successful recovery after surgery, all drugs prescribed by the doctor should be used.
Geranium leaf candles
Candles from geranium leaves stop blood, relieve inflammation and pain. The process of making candles is extremely simple: a freshly torn sheet is folded into a tube, dipped in vegetable oil and injected into the anus after a mandatory hygiene procedure. In the process of defecation, the sheet comes out. It is replaced with a fresh one. The course of treatment is 7 days.
For the treatment of external hemorrhoids, sedentary baths with a decoction of geranium roots are useful. For flower lovers who find this kind of treatment with a plant barbaric: it will take geranium roots, you can plant the upper parts of the bush in wet sand and use it for vegetative propagation.
So, the large geranium root must be thoroughly washed and finely chopped. Two tablespoons of the raw material are poured with a liter of boiling water, boiled for a quarter of an hour, cooled to warm, and then used for sedentary baths. Instead, the decoction can be used for compresses.
Few people know that hemorrhoids help not only fresh, but also sauerkraut, but not shredded, but cooked with quarters. For treatment, one sheet is separated and applied for 45-60 minutes to the sore spot. Such a compress eliminates inflammation and perfectly anesthetizes.
Instead of sauerkraut, you can take a leaf of fresh cabbage, beat it off with a wooden hammer until juice appears and apply it to the hemorrhoidal nodes, making sure that it fits snugly.
After removing the compress, be sure to rinse the hemorrhoid cones in the shower and gently dry with a soft cloth. After this, apply a small amount of cream.
Causes of the disease
Despite the fact that the clinical manifestations of hemorrhoidal lesions of the veins of the small pelvis in the area of the rectal canal are somewhat different, the causes of the pathology are largely similar.
Experts indicate the following provoking factors:
- unadjusted diet - the predominance of fatty, heavy foods in the menu, an abundance of flour products and preservatives, fast food, family traditions with a plentiful feast,
- physical inactivity - a person’s tendency to be inactive or sedentary work, for example, office employees,
- Being overweight is no secret that obesity is the root cause of many disruptions that occur in the human body, including hemorrhoids,
- dehydration - the absence of fluid in the tissues, especially in the intestinal lumen, provokes excessive crowding of feces, constipation appears,
- lifting and carrying weights - as provoking a sharp jump in intra-abdominal pressure and increasing the load on the veins of the small pelvis,
- abuse of tobacco and alcohol products - general poisoning of the body, weakening of its protective forces.
For women, the background on which deformation of the vascular wall in the small pelvis develops is the bearing of the baby and subsequent childbirth. Whereas for many men, passion for heavy sports more often contributes to what appears internal hemorrhoids and external hemorrhoids.
Features of the internal form of the disease
The venous network of the anal canal directly in depth is subject to deforming changes. This feature of internal hemorrhoids makes it difficult to diagnose with a routine examination by a doctor. The diagnosis is confirmed by instrumental studies - anoscopy, as well as sigmoidoscopy. Instruments are introduced into the lumen of the rectal canal and examined intestinal tissue.
The clinical picture depends on the course and stage of the pathological process. So, initially a person can be disturbed only by subjective sensations:
- something is interfering in the anus when walking,
- some kind of foreign body is present inside the rectum,
- the intestines are not completely emptied during bowel movements.
As the pathology progresses, the symptomatology becomes expanded. The pain syndrome comes to the fore in the clinical picture. Discomfort is observed throughout the day. Its intensity increases when lifting weights, going to the toilet, eating spicy foods. Sometimes traces of blood may be noted - in feces, on toilet paper.
The main thing, what is the difference between internal hemorrhoids from outside - this is the absence of external changes in the anorectal zone. Therefore, people are delayed with a visit to a proctologist. While with timely treatment, you can quickly get rid of the disease. Therapy is aimed at improving blood circulation in the pelvic area and increasing the tone of the venous wall, as well as the fight and prevention of constipation.
Symptoms of the external form of the disease
Varicose formations with this form of pathology develop in the immediate vicinity of the anal ring. However, do not confuse them with those nodes that fall out with internal hemorrhoids.
In the clinical picture, intense itching, as well as burning in the tissues of the anorectal zone, initially prevailed. Discomfort at first is barely noticeable, somewhat stronger during bowel movements. Subsequently, its intensity increases - pain joins, especially pronounced during an exacerbation of pathology.
Feature how to distinguish external hemorrhoids from internal, there will be visually noticeable changes in the tissues around the anus:
- at the initial stage of the disease - barely noticeable small protrusions, tubercles with a bluish tint that can completely disappear at the time of remission,
- with a 2-3 degree of illness, the hemorrhoidal nodes no longer settle, they resemble peas or hanging sacs - soft, moderately painful on palpation, in number - single or multiple,
- at stages 3-4 of the disease around the anus there is a bunch of hanging large defects, they significantly complicate bowel movement, walking, often injured and bleed.
Making an adequate diagnosis is not difficult - just a simple examination. Question, how to determine external hemorrhoids or internaldoes not even arise. However, in addition, the specialist recommends conducting instrumental examinations in order to clarify the presence of internal defects, concomitant diseases.
The main differences between internal hemorrhoids from external
Of course, the main criterion, how to distinguish internal hemorrhoids from external, will be the location of hemorrhoidal defects. Specialists distinguish a special dentate line, which acts as a dividing line between the mucosa and skin in the rectum.
So, cavernous defects above this line will be referred by the doctor to the diagnostic signs of the internal form of hemorrhoids. While all the nodes and protrusions below the toothed surveying are already an external type of pathology. Thanks to this division, submucosal and subcutaneous formations can also be distinguished, which also facilitates the further selection of the treatment regimen.
With internal and external hemorrhoids, differences may lie in another:
- For reasons of occurrence, jumps in intra-abdominal pressure influence the development of internal varicose caverns. For example, in case of difficulty with bowel movement, or due to frequent heavy transfers. While the appearance of external defects is more characteristic of a hereditary predisposition, initial weakness of the venous wall or frequent inflammation in the pelvis.
- External differences - hemorrhoids with the internal course of the disease are covered with mucous tissue, and with the external version of the disease, the skin. However, in addition, and with another course of the disease, secondary defects - cracks, sores, can additionally be observed.
- Diagnostic procedures - the difference is already visible at the first consultation of the proctologist. To diagnose external hemorrhoids, a doctor simply needs to examine the patient. To identify internal varicose deformities in the rectum, a digital examination is required, as well as anoscopy or sigmoidoscopy.
For better understanding - internal and external hemorrhoids, what is the difference, it is necessary to compare and methods of combating pathology. For example, surgical intervention is often required to remove internal formations. Whereas for elimination of external hemorrhoidal sacs it is quite possible to do with conservative methods or minimally invasive procedures.
Therapy of internal hemorrhoids
In the pharmacy network, today there is a huge number of medicines that can cope with varicose deformities in the venous network of the rectal canal. But, how to treat internal and external hemorrhoidsshould be decided solely by the proctologist.
For the internal course of pathology, the most effective and common form of drugs is suppositories. Suppositories can quickly eliminate discomfort in the anorectal region, since the main active substance immediately enters the inflamed areas of the intestinal mucosa.
According to the mechanism of exposure, it is customary to subdivide candles into the following groups:
- painkillers - with anesthetics as an active ingredient, for example, Anestezol,
- anti-inflammatory - inhibit the spread of the focus of inflammation, help relieve swelling and eliminate discomfort in the rectal canal,
- healing - accelerate tissue regeneration, their recovery after injury,
- hemostatic - reduce the severity of rectal bleeding.
If necessary, the specialist selects systemic drugs - to improve local blood circulation, as well as restore venous tone in the vessels of the pelvis. Well proven:
In the absence of a pronounced therapeutic effect from the ongoing conservative treatment, the proctologist considers the issue of surgical intervention. Its volume and timing will directly depend on the severity of negative symptoms.
Treatment of the external form of the disease
Therapeutic measures for external hemorrhoidal formations are the use of various ointments, gels, lotions. Local baths with healing solutions can be carried out. Medications help eliminate itching and burning, as well as discomfort in the anorectal zone.
The main drugs:
- Heparin ointment - prevents the process of thrombosis of nodes, relieves inflammation from tissues,
- Methyularacil ointment - accelerates healing processes,
- Triclosan - has an antimicrobial effect,
- Vishnevsky liniment - used when adding purulent processes.
Invaluable help in the treatment of the external form of the disease is provided by the recipes of traditional medicine.
Healing decoctions and infusions can be used:
- in the form of enemas,
- for external lotions
- for local baths.
If internal and external hemorrhoids occur simultaneously, it is advisable to resort to minimally invasive methods of surgical treatment - photocoagulation, cryotherapy, latex ligation.
Which hemorrhoids are worse - external or internaldifficult to say. Each of the forms of pathology has its own characteristics of symptoms and treatment. Experts urge people to seek medical help in a timely manner to avoid serious complications.
Treatment exclusively with drugs is relevant for the first and second stages of the disease. During the period of use of medicines, the patient must adhere to such rules:
- improving the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract,
- a balanced diet
- elimination of constipation.
Drug treatment includes the use of such drugs:
- Pills. Their function is to improve blood circulation, which prevents the formation of blood clots. The most effective drugs for this purpose are: Detralex, Venoruton and their analogues. You should also take painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs, such as Aurobin, Ultraproct, Posterisan and more.
- Ointments. They relieve inflammatory processes, improve the patient's condition, removing unpleasant sensations. The most common ointments for hemorrhoids are: Levomekol, Levasil, Troxevasin and others.
- Candles. This method of treating external hemorrhoids helps relieve pain and inflammation. Candles prevent the formation of blood clots. The names of the most effective candles: Tahikomb, Androkson and more.
Various types of operations are required to eliminate the chronic form of external hemorrhoids of the third and fourth stages, when the use of medicines does not give a positive dynamics of recovery. There are such types of surgical intervention:
- Cryodestruction. The essence of the operation is cauterization of hemorrhoidal nodes with liquid nitrogen. Gradually, the neoplasm begins to die
- Electrocoagulation. Impact on problem areas occurs with the help of current.
- Sclerotherapy. A special solution is injected into the hemorrhoidal node, which stops blood circulation in it. Gradually, the node decreases and dies.
- Classic operation. Represents the removal of nodes with a scalpel and the simultaneous restoration of the intestinal mucosa.
The type of operation is chosen only by the attending physician! When choosing, it takes into account the severity of the disease, the patient's condition, as well as his financial capabilities. Because some operations are expensive.
During the treatment of the chronic form of this pathology, proctologists recommend a diet that provides a balanced diet, as well as avoiding the wearing of heavy objects.
Watch a video on this topic:
Treatment of external hemorrhoids should be carried out under the supervision of a physician, even if this occurs at home.