Dietary nutrition is provided both during drug treatment of growths in the biliary system, and after their surgical removal. In cholesterol formation, adherence to the principles of diet can lead to self-resorption of growth and normalization of cholesterol in the bloodstream.
The essence of the diet with polyps in the gallbladder
The principles of this diet are as follows:
- meals are set in small portions, often (once every three hours),
- it is forbidden to overeat
- It is forbidden to eat coarse fibrous food,
- prohibited fried, fatty foods, smoked meats,
- before serving, hot dishes should be cooled to a warm state, and cold ones should be heated,
- after eating, physical exertion is possible only after an hour and a half, but not earlier.
What can and can not?
Such products are allowed for food:
- bread toasts, biscuits, drying,
- vegetable, lean soups, milk cereals, cereal side dishes,
- clean meat without fatty layers,
- sea fish, shrimp, crab meat,
- not sharp grades of cheese, tofu, dietary grades of boiled sausage, dairy products,
- non-acidic fruits and berries,
- non-acidic vegetable crops
- weak tea and coffee (possible on milk), non-acidic fruit drinks and juices,
- cottage cheese, puddings, soufflés.
The following products are prohibited:
- fresh bread and rolls,
- fatty confectionery products (with butter cream, deep-fried, etc.),
- spicy soups, strong broths,
- offal, game, lard, rough meat,
- river fish, fatty fish, herring, dried and smoked fish,
- sauces and dressings,
- sour fruits and berries (kiwi, currants, gooseberries),
- sorrel, rhubarb, radish, cabbage,
- salty, spicy, fatty cheese,
- soda, alcoholic drinks, strong tea and coffee, concentrated drinks,
- chocolate, cocoa.
Diet menu for polyps in the gallbladder
The optimal diet menu might look like this:
- First breakfast: cottage cheese casserole, oatmeal with berries, rice pudding or banana smoothie, complemented by tea with milk.
- Second breakfast: fresh or baked fruit (apple, banana, pear), or vegetable salad.
- Lunch: lean soup with vegetables, steam cutlet or fillet, compote of dried fruits.
- Lunch: vegetable or fruit salad, compote or jelly.
- Dinner: milk porridge, boiled or steamed vegetables, fermented milk product.
The menu should not contain products rich in essential oils and extracts. So, you should avoid the use of rich broth, black and red pepper, horseradish, radish, sorrel, mushrooms. From the diet should also be excluded ice cream and soda.
If polyps differ in small sizes, then it is recommended to diversify the menu with choleretic products, such as milk, ryazhenka, boiled eggs, beets.
When choosing drinks, preference should be given to herbal teas based on corn stigmas, St. John's wort, tansy. You can drink mineral water type Borjomi, previously devoid of carbon dioxide. It is advisable to drink mineral water at least three times a day, 20-30 minutes before the next meal.
Polyps of the gallbladder are a benign pathological growth of the mucous membrane of the gallbladder. Polyps can be both single and multiple (polyposis). There are true polyps (adenomatous polyps and papilloma) and "pseudopolyps" - cholesterol polyp - deposits cholesterol on the mucous membrane and inflammatory polyp - pronounced growth of the epithelium, as a consequence of the inflammatory process.
The clinical picture depends on the size of the polyps and their localization. In most patients, asymptomatic carriage of polyps is noted or with a feeling of slight discomfort in the right hypochondrium / upper abdomen or pain after a heavy meal of fatty foods. In cases of localization of the polyp in the neck of the gallbladder and its large size, the symptoms are more pronounced and manifested by periodic intense pain syndrome in the right hypochondrium. Polyps in the gallbladder are more often diagnosed against biliary dyskinesiachronic cholecystitis, gallstone disease. Both with single polyps and gallbladder polyposis, the main danger lies in the high frequency (from 10 to 33%) of their malignancy (degeneration into a malignant tumor).
Treatment of polyps is determined by its size and growth dynamics:
- Polyps with a size of 10 mm or more, especially against the background of the presence of stones and for violations of the outflow of bile, must be surgically removedcholecystectomy).
- With a polyp less than 10 mm - observation of it in the dynamics (ultrasound once every three months). At increase in the sizes, and also emergence of new polyps, operational removal is necessary.
With a small size of polyps and inexpressive symptoms, it is recommended that the patient switch to a diet. Diet for polyps in the gall bladder is based on the classical medical Table number 5 according to Pevzner, the purpose of which is to provide schazheniya liver and gallbladder, normalization of fat / cholesterol metabolism, as well as the process of outflow of bile while providing the patient's body with the physiological norm of all food macro / micronutrients.
The daily calorie intake varies between 2800-2850 kcal (90 g proteins, 350-400 g carbohydrates and 75-80 g fats). The diet provides for limiting the use of salt to 7-10 g / day, free liquid - at the level of 1.5 liters. For cooking, sparing methods of cooking are used: cooking, stewing, baking. Cooking products by frying is not allowed.
All foods and dishes with a high content of extractive substances, purine bases and essential oils are limited in the diet - concentrated broths on meat, fish, dried, fried and smoked products, fatty meat, fat cottage cheese, egg yolks, animal liver, brains, baker's yeast, sprats, herring, sardines, tuna, salmon caviar, sausages, lard, dried porcini mushrooms, mussels, shrimps, canned food, cooking oils, spices, salted, fermented foods, horseradish, mustard, all kinds of radishes, pickled vegetables, turnips, radish, onion green garlic.
Excluded are products that contribute to fermentation / rotting processes (white cabbage, legumes, millet, rye bread), sour fruits / berries (cranberries, citrus fruits, sour apples and plums), and cream confectionery, coffee, chocolate, ice cream, cocoa, drinks with gas, alcohol.
Dietary varieties of red meat (beef, veal) and meat of chicken, turkey, rabbit should be present in the diet. Fish can be eaten only lean and infrequently (up to 3 times a week). The presence in the diet of a sufficient amount of foods containing pectins, fiber and lipotropic compounds - a variety of vegetables and fruits, cereals.
Vegetable list of products is diverse: almost all consumed vegetables (with the exception of those forbidden) in boiled / baked form, as well as sour cabbage. Fruits and berries can be used in any form. In addition to fiber, products containing polyunsaturated fatty acids have a pronounced lipotropic effect. lycétine and phytosterols, which are contained in sufficient quantities in flax, corn, olive, sunflower and other vegetable oils.
In the diet it is allowed to include crackers / stale wheat bread, protein steamed omelets, soups with boiled cereals / vegetarian soups with vegetables, low-fat / semi-fat cottage cheese, diluted milk, fermented milk products, butter in ready meals (up to 20 g / day), cereals from rice, buckwheat, oat groats, rolled oats, cooked in water, ripe fruits (baked and mashed raw), jelly, honey, marmalade, sugar, jelly, jam, marshmallow. As drinks useful rosehip infusion, tea with lemon and sugar, sweet juices, weak coffee, green tea.
Diet for polyps in the gall bladder after their removal, regardless of the type of surgical intervention (traditional cholecystectomy or laparoscopy) is the most important component of the healing process. The most important is the period in the first days after surgery. Within 4-6 hours after the removal of polyps, the use of any liquid is forbidden - you can only moisten the patient's lips with water, and after 5-6 hours you can rinse your mouth with infusions of herbs.
In the period of 12-24 hours after the operation, it is possible to give the patient a drink 1-2 sips every 10-20 minutes with a total volume of up to 500 ml in the form of table still water. On the second day after the operation, the ration is expanded due to unsweetened tea, low-fat kefir, jelly in 250 ml portions at intervals of 1 time / 3 hours to 1.5 l / day.
The next day allowed the reception of mashed soups in vegetable broth, semi-liquid mashed potatoes, steam omelet of egg whites, boiled grated lean fish, fruit jelly and low-fat sour cream. Portions of 150-200 g, 7-8 times a day. As a liquid, tea with sugar, apple / pumpkin juice. From the 5th day it is allowed to consume dry wheat bread (up to 100 g), galetny cookies, and for 6-7 days - grated oatmeal / buckwheat porridge, vegetable puree, chopped boiled fish / meat, low-fat dairy products, grated cottage cheese.
From 8-9 days the patient is transferred to diets No. 5a, 5b, depending on the condition of the patient and the severity of symptoms. A characteristic feature of these diets is their reduced daily caloric intake to the level of 1600-1700 kcal (55-65 g of proteins, 250-300 g of carbohydrates and 40-50 g of fat).
All dishes are prepared pureed with the addition of unsalted butter: mucous cereal soups, pureed steamed meat, boiled fish, thoroughly pureed porridge of semi-liquid consistency with low-fat milk, jelly, dried bread, wheat / crackers, jelly / kissels, low-fat cottage cheese. Food after the removal of polyps fractional, at least 5 times, portions of not more than 200 g, without salt.
The amount of free fluid is about 2.5 l / day. In the absence of complications and normal well-being, the patient is transferred to the base Diet number 5, which is recommended for 3-6 months.
- Diet number 5A - 8-10 days after the removal of polyps.
- Diet number 5B - with severe inflammation after cholecystectomy.
- Diet number 5 - in the preoperative period and in the stage of recovery after surgery, after Diets 5A.
The diet for polyps in the gallbladder in the preoperative period and in the stage of recovery after their removal includes dried wheat bread / white bread crumbs, and, if well tolerated, rye bread or cooked from peeled flour. Soups are cooked in weak vegetable broths with vegetables, cereals and noodles, with unsalted butter or low-fat sour cream without zazharki.
For the preparation of main dishes, it is recommended to use veal, lean beef, rabbit meat, poultry (chicken, turkey) boiled / baked, chopped or in a piece. The diet can include lean types of white river / sea fish with vegetables, boiled seafood. Vegetables are baked, boiled or steamed, and served in the form of salads, salad, caviar, seasoned with vegetable oils or sour cream.
Chicken eggs - exclusively in the form of steam omelettes or boiled soft-boiled eggs, preferably without yolks. The diet should contain low-fat dairy products: kefir, acidophilus, yogurt, semi-fat cottage cheese (in the form of casseroles and natural). Milk is allowed to use only as an additive in dishes, tea. Sour cream and butter - as a seasoning for ready meals.
Cereals should be well boiled. You can use greens from spices and add cinnamon to sweet dishes. As a dessert, you can include non-acidic fruits / berries in any form, marmalade, jam, honey. Sugar is better partially replaced by xylitol. Free liquid should be consumed in sufficient quantities, mainly in the form of tea / coffee with milk, rosehip infusion, vegetable / fruit juices, non-carbonated mineral water.
The main recommendations in nutrition
Menu for polyps should be appointed by a specialist. Adhere to a certain diet leads to a rapid recovery of the patient. According to Pevzner, patients who removed polyps in the gall bladder, eat dishes diet table at number five. The purpose of this table is to reduce the level of workload of the digestive system through the use of certain foods, reducing the number of calories.
To adhere to dietary nutrition to the patient costs not less than two months. The duration of the diet may vary depending on the purpose of the specialist and the severity of the consequences.
The number of meals should be increased, and the usual portion reduced. The reason for this is the need to reduce the level of stress on the organ that secretes bile, stomach, intestines. Establish frequent meals - at least 5 times a day.
Eating a smaller portion of food should not harm the needs of the body. A certain amount of protein and fat. Finish diet food is gradually transformed into the usual. A sharp jump will disrupt the activity of the digestive system.
Dietary table number five by Pevzner requires the exclusion from the usual diet of the consumption of animal fats and vegetable fats. Sugar replaced by glucose of natural origin.
Principles of diet - the lack of the same menu for every day. The patient should eat a variety of balanced foods. This allows you to lead a normal life with active brain activity. This will help the consumption of carbohydrates in the usual amount.
Disease of the gallbladder implies a change in diet, allowing to improve the patient's condition. To eliminate the unpleasant symptoms, a strict diet is proposed, which makes a person feel normal. Products that have a positive effect on an individual's recovery include:
- Vegetables. As a side dish use beetroot with carrots, eggplants, broccoli, cauliflower with Brussels sprouts. Potatoes are not included in this list because of the starch in its composition. This component adversely affects the metabolic processes. Freshly consumed carrots with cabbage, peppers with tomatoes and celery.
- Greenery. It is recommended to include arugula, lettuce, dill with cilantro, parsley and basil in the diet. Salads made from fresh vegetables - the ability to get the necessary amount of vitamins, minerals.
- Milk and dairy products. Cottage cheese with kefir and milk should have a low level of fat content. Fatty foods aggravate the process of digestion.
- Kashi. Pearl barley and barley, oatmeal with buckwheat - necessary to replenish the body with complex fiber.
- Bean cultures. These include lentils with beans. Their use favorably affects the patient's body, replenishing it with the necessary components for normal life.
- Bread. The representative of this category should not be fresh. A patient who has had a bile organ removed must take care of himself, avoid food loads. Bread consumed should be chosen from the category of rye. White bread to use the day after purchase.
- Meat fish. Meat products and fish consumed from low-fat varieties. Chicken, fillet, turkey, veal - permitted types of meat. From fish to patients with polyps, hake fillets are recommended.
- Fruits. Fruit consumed replaces sweets.After all, a diet does not imply the presence in the diet of sweets and confectionery. Permitted fruits include apricots with peaches, plums with cherries and raspberries, and also mangoes with bananas.
The disease imposes some restrictions in the form of products. Consuming the types listed below will adversely affect health and recovery.
- Alcoholic beverages. Drinks containing even a small dose of alcohol negatively affect the patient’s intestinal microflora and the gallbladder, which has to work harder.
- Drinks with hops. These include beer and kvass. Their effect on the intestines is reflected in the body that produces bile, and other organs involved in digestion.
- Drinks with gas. Water with gas, sweet carbonated drinks are strictly contraindicated. Alkaline water belongs to this category.
- Coffee, strong tea. Black tea, varieties of coffee. Under a special ban, quickly soluble types of Mac-coffee.
- Fried dishes and dishes with high fat content.
- Meat from pork, mutton. The listed types belong to fat grades of meat. Treatment of polyps involves a low-calorie diet.
- Oils, fats. It includes vegetable, butter, margarine. It is forbidden to consume butter and margarine-containing products (puff pastry, pastry).
- Sweets. Desserts, pastries and chocolate can pose a threat to a diseased bladder. Especially difficult for the body is processing chocolate.
- Spice. Restrictions especially concern spices, salt. Salt intake is limited to two grams.
- Pickles. Such food is prohibited.
- Marinated products. The ban on these products is due to the vinegar in the marinade.
- Canned food. Regardless of the type of canned food, reduce their use. This also includes jams and jams.
In addition to the listed products, any other products heavy on the stomach are prohibited. Intestinal mucosa is too sensitive after the disease. Foods that cause irritation are excluded from the diet. Eating is worth starting with a little water.
Causes and diagnosis of the disease
The causes of the appearance of true polyps — adenomas — are not yet known, but up to 90% of all the formations in this organ are actually cholesterol clusters, or loose cholesterol stones — pseudotumors. According to ultrasound, which is currently the leading diagnostic method, they can be taken for polyps, including multiple ones. The characteristic clinical picture of the disease, which is almost always absent in true polyposis, makes it possible to conclude in favor of the cholesterol nature of polyps.
If the symptoms of polyps manifest in a person, he constantly complains of signs of chronic cholecystitis, pain and inflammation, probably against the background of pseudotumor accumulations, cholelithiasis begins to develop - compaction and strong soldering of cholesterol deposits with the walls of the organ. Also, some of the polyps are inflammatory formations that are formed against the background of constant irritation and inflammation of the gallbladder. Endoscopic ultrasound, which is done through the stomach, will help to clarify the appearance of polyposis in the presence of characteristic symptoms, as a result of which the data are much more accurate.
How are polyps in the gall bladder treated?
If the number and size of polyps allow you to save the body, then you can apply a conservative treatment and special food for polyps in the inflamed gall bladder. A person is prescribed drugs to dissolve accumulations of cholesterol in the body, drugs to reduce the concentration of fats in the blood, choleretic agents. Treatment should be long, at least 6-12 months, and a diet with a polyp and polyposis in the gallbladder can be recommended for an even longer period.
Proper nutrition will need a person even after surgical treatment. In this case, you need to eat, even more carefully choosing products, so as not to provoke an inflammatory process. Some people do not just have to excise new growths from the gallbladder, but to remove the organ completely, if there is a danger of polyps reborn or they fill the cavity too much, leading to inactivity of the bladder.
How to eat with polyps?
If a polyp is found in the gallbladder, the daily diet should be organized very clearly. There are only products that correspond to clinical nutrition, and at first it is quite tough. The rules on which the diet is based on cholesterol polyps of the gallbladder are as follows:
- You can only eat warm food, eating cold or hot food is prohibited.
- It should be eaten only in small portions, fractionally - 4-5 times a day.
- The total caloric content is less than 2000 kcal, while you can eat up to 90 g of protein, up to 60 g of fat, and up to 300 g of carbohydrates.
- The exact menu is compiled by the doctor, because it can vary depending on the accompanying pathologies.
- Drinking mode - up to 2 liters of water per day. It is useful to drink 200 ml of water before each meal.
- Methods of cooking - cooking, steam cooking, stewing, at least - roasting.
- From frying products must be abandoned.
- It is better to chop or rub the grated foods well, so that they are perfectly digested during the digestion process.
In general, when polyps are found in the gallbladder, diet is reduced to improving digestion and excretion of bile. Also, foods that can be eaten, and the organization of their intake, involve the prevention of associated diseases of the stomach, pancreas, and liver.
What products are allowed for polyposis?
Initially, it seems to many that a diet with polyps found in the gallbladder prohibits everything that could be eaten before the disease. But this is not the case, and there is quite a lot of authorized food; it is useful and safe for humans. From food of animal origin should be lean meat - veal, chicken, turkey (poultry only white). In order for a diet with a polyp of the affected gallbladder to be more diverse, it is possible and necessary to include a lean fish in it. Thus, the protein in the menu should be enough, you can not refuse protein food.
Eggs for the patient due to the presence of cholesterol will have to be reduced in consumption to 2 pieces per week. It is better to remove the yolk, but you can leave. Cook eggs should be steamed, cook. Bread can not be eaten fresh, it needs to be slightly dried in the oven (only white). Emphasis should be placed on vegetable food, will have to refuse only from sour fruits. It is advisable to eat steamed or steamed vegetables without adding oil when cooking. It is better to flavor salads with vegetable oil, but its total amount is not more than 2 spoons per day. Fat-free dairy food and cottage cheese are also desirable on the patient's table, like jelly, compotes, dogrose decoction.
What can not eat with problems with the gall bladder?
After reviewing how the gallbladder polyp affects the food system, what the diet is and what you can eat, you should know which foods are prohibited to use. First of all, you can not eat writing, rich in essential oils: fresh onions, garlic, ginger root, radish, radishes and more. It is forbidden to eat foods rich in cholesterol: animal fats, fatty meat, butter (you can only a small slice, for example, in porridge), fatty sour cream and cheese, fatty sea fish.
Diet for polyposis of the inflamed gallbladder clarifies that smoked meat and pickles are also not recommended. The ban is imposed on mushrooms, especially, salted and filled with vinegar, pickles (even homemade), canned food. The patient is completely unsuitable for feeding bean cereals, sorrel and spinach. Of the sweets are strictly banned cream cakes, especially those containing an abundance of transgenic fats, baking, food with lots of preservatives and flavors. The amount of salt in the diet is significantly reduced, and it is better to forget about alcohol and soda altogether.
Sample menu for a patient with gallbladder polyps
- Breakfast - oatmeal, omelette from 2 proteins.
- Snack - yogurt, a glass of jelly.
- Lunch - vegetarian soup with cereals, steam cutlet, a slice of bread.
- Snack - baked pear, any drink.
- Dinner - stewed white fish, baked potatoes, tea.
It should be noted that the detailed menu should be written by a nutritionist or a gastroenterologist for each patient with polyposis on an individual basis. With the improvement or deterioration of health in the diet amended as necessary. If you managed to cure polyps, it is better to continue to practice proper nutrition so that the disease never returns.
The need for proper nutrition with polyps in the gall bladder
Diseases of the gallbladder and stomach, regardless of the nature of the pathology, require careful attitude. Thus, the development of many pathological processes in the absence of treatment and a sparing diet progresses, and at its peak it may trigger the need for surgical intervention, irreversible structural and functional changes. Top preparations for treating gallbladder polyps here, on how to remove a polyp in the gallbladder right here.
There are several main reasons why you should follow a therapeutic diet.:
- Control over the state of a polyp, stabilization of its dynamic development,
- Reducing the load on the digestive system
- Organized diet can reduce the secretion of bile, gastric juice,
- Normalization of bile outflow to prevent liver disease.
Nutrition largely determines the final prognosis for a patient with a tendency to malignancy of pathological polypous tumors.
Attention! When non-compliance with the recommendations of the doctor, drinking alcohol, aggressive food and lack of discipline in food often leads to disastrous consequences:
- the compensatory functions of the body are reduced and completely stopped,
- a marked deterioration in the functionality of the hepatobiliary system and liver failure develops.
The diet is necessarily selected individually, in accordance with the patient's clinical history, his general condition, the nature of the polypous lesion of the gallbladder and the location of the polyps in the organ cavities.
A day should be consumed at least 2000 Kcal per day, while avoiding legumes, esters, purines or saturated protein. It is important to control the level of cholesterol in the blood.
Types of polyps
Polyps in the gallbladder are abnormal benign growths of the mucosal epithelium in its lumen.
According to the etiology of occurrence, it is common to distinguish 4 types of formations:
- Inflammatory polyp - the result of a long pathological proliferation of granulation tissue on the inflamed surface layer of the gallbladder mucosa,
- Cholesterol - a consequence of deposition of cholesterol under the bark of the bladder,
- Adenoma - polypous benign tumor of glandular tissue under the mucous membrane of the gallbladder,
- Papilloma is a benign neoplasm in the form of a papilla located on the mucous membrane of the organ.
What can not?
Table 5 implies full exclusion (or partial restriction) of products that contain extractive substances in high concentrations, purine compounds or indigestible meat fiber, essential oils, which significantly increase the secretion of all GIT organs.
List of prohibited products:
- alcohol, carbonated drinks, black coffee, rich black tea,
- fried in lard or butter products,
- sweets, fresh baking, pastry pastry,
- eggplants, radishes, garlic, onions, hot red pepper,
- spices, seasonings, sauces,
- pickles, smoked meats, pickles, preserves, or preservation,
- lentils, barley or corn.
It is not allowed to use in food sour fruits, almost all berries. You should not eat jam, berry jams.
Use of the listed foods:
- Increases gas formation
- Complicates digestive processes
- It provokes constipation, excessive secretion of bile and gastric juice to digest food.
The diet should contain the following nutritional components:
- crackers, dried during the day or in the oven bread (any),
- boiled vegetables,
- boiled eggs (no more than 3 pcs per week for a change in diet),
- lean meat (turkey, chicken, beef, rabbit),
- lean fish and all seafood (enough 3 times a week),
- oatmeal, semolina, buckwheat porridge,
- fermented milk and dairy products (fresh milk and young cheese should be low-fat),
- bananas, dried fruits, pomegranates.
A moderate amount of marmalade, jelly, marshmallow, marshmallow and honey is allowed as sweets. Bee products in general can replace all sweets, have a beneficial effect on all the structures and functions of the body.
With the localization of polyps, the diet should be diversified with milk, ryazhenka, boiled beets. These foods increase bile secretion.
Drinks are recommended for regular use.:
- mineral water without gas
- decoction of wild rose berries,
- infusions from the herbs of the series,
- Hypericum and celandine (with special care),
- dill water.
Black tea is better to replace with green (noble varieties).
Food for polyps in the gall bladder
If a polyposis lesion is detected in the gallbladder, it is recommended to immediately and accurately organize the diet, regardless of the severity of the pathological process, the presence or absence of clinical manifestations.
The main conceptual features of a therapeutic diet for gallbladder diseases are considered:
- Eating only warm food and drinking (neither cold nor hot)
- Daily calorie intake - no more than 2000 Kcal,
- Cooking only by boiling, stewing or steaming,
- Do not drink food immediately after use, preferably in 10-15 minutes.
Half an hour before meals, you can drink 200 ml of warm water with 2-3 drops of lemon juice. This will prepare the body for food, adjust the digestive processes in the right direction.
If the food will be sustained by the clock at the same time, the body will get used in just a month. Discipline in relation to nutrition in polypous lesions of the gallbladder will help “adjust” the body to metered secretion of gastric secretion and bile without harm to the mucous, organs of the hepatobiliary system.
Another important thesis is fasting with polyps of the gallbladder. Clinicians do not support fasting while maintaining an active drinking regimen, except for 1-2 days of the early postoperative period.
In the absence of food intake or with long breaks between meals, the same reverse effect occurs - stagnation and thickening of the bile secretion in the ducts. It is only for this reason that during polyposis one should eat small portions, for example, dividing breakfast, lunch, dinner (up to 7 meals of 150 g each) into two meals.
Diet number 5 - a rough menu for the week
Table number 5 is assigned to the entire period of treatment of gallbladder polyps. The menu is limited to cholesterol, fats, and the diet is enriched with plenty of fresh and boiled vegetables and fruits.
It is important to keep the food balance in the body, in order to avoid:
- serious complications
- violations of intestinal microflora and stomach,
- to normalize the flow of bile.
The advantages of the diet table number 5 is considered to be financially low-cost, a rapid improvement in the general condition during the period of exacerbation, as well as the maintenance of normal muscular and brain activity.
The downside is the length and knowledge of special cooking technologies for some dishes.
- 1 day. For breakfast: rice porridge, dried fruit compote without sugar, crackers.
For lunch: soup with dumplings, a salad of boiled beets with prunes, mashed potatoes with fish patties.
At lunch: jelly and baked apple.
For dinner: rice with vegetables and steamed chicken breast. For a late dinner, you can drink a glass of warm yogurt with honey.
- 2 day. For breakfast: milk soup with noodles, weak black tea with milk and sugar, croutons with cheese.
For lunch: pickle with sour cream, cabbage salad, peas and vegetable oil, vermicelli with steam chicken chop, decoction of rosehip berries.
At lunch: dried bun with ryazhenka.
For dinner: vegetable stew with cod steak, compote.
- 3 day. Semolina porridge, sweet casserole, green tea.
For lunch: beetroot soup with sour cream, a salad of fresh cucumbers, eggs and prunes, mashed potatoes with beef meatballs, cranberry juice.
At lunch: a bun dried with a glass of hot jelly.
For dinner: chicken breast with buckwheat, mint tea.
- 4 day. For breakfast: oatmeal porridge with dried apricots and prunes, black tea with milk.
For lunch: noodle soup in chicken broth, vegetable salad, vermicelli with chicken breast, a glass of rosehip decoction. At lunch: sweet casserole.
For dinner: Bigus from fresh cabbage with meat. Before going to bed honey with milk.
- 5 day. For breakfast: steam omelet with tomato, black tea, crackers.
For lunch: soup with meatballs, salad of grated beets with prunes, chicken pilaf, compote.
At lunch: baked apple, marshmallow and sweet green tea.
For dinner: grilled vegetables with beef steak with lingonberry sauce. For late dinner tea with biscuits.
- 6 day. For breakfast: steam omelet with greens and tomatoes, green tea with milk, biscuits.
For lunch: soup made of pearl barley with chicken, steamed chicken cutlets with boiled buckwheat porridge, dried fruit compote.
At lunch: a fruit salad with yogurt, decoction of wild rose berries.
For dinner: beet salad, fishballs with rice and vegetables. At late dinner you can eat sweet cottage cheese casserole and jelly.
- 7 day. In the morning: porridge, semolina, green tea and baked apple.
For lunch: soup with meatballs and noodles, pike perch baked in foil with vegetables.
At lunch: jelly and crackers.
For dinner: mashed potatoes, casserole with chicken and vegetables, compote. At the second dinner you can drink milk with honey and biscuits.
Additional information about the rules of nutrition in diseases of the gallbladder in this video:
Diet for gallbladder polyps is made individually for each patient. Diet can not be called hungry. If desired, and creative approach, the dishes become especially appetizing and will appeal to even the most demanding patients. In order to avoid serious consequences, it is enough to follow all the recommendations of the doctor and be examined on time.
Is it possible to cure polyps in the uterus without surgery, read our article.
The causes of the appearance of polyps in the gallbladder are not fully understood today, and their occurrence is often called idiopathic.
Nevertheless, there is a certain tendency among all patients with this pathology, including this:
- burdened heredity
- improper diet, leading to disruption of lipid and cholesterol metabolism,
- chronic cholecystitis, accompanied by bile stasis,
Often, the disease is almost asymptomatic, with rare exceptions, nausea and painful heaviness in the right hypochondrium can be observed. The presence of any formation in the gallbladder can be recognized only after an ultrasound diagnosis. With ultrasound, a polyp does not appear to create an oval or rounded shade that is associated with the bladder wall and shifts when the patient's body position changes during the examination.
Among other modern visualization techniques have found wide application:
- Magnetic resonance cholangiography, which makes it possible not only to identify a polyp and evaluate its localization and structure, but also to exclude any other pathology of the biliary tract,
- Endosonography, or endoscopic ultrasonography, which, thanks to the proximity of the duodenum to the gallbladder and the high frequency of the sensor, clarify the structure and localization of the formation,
- Computed tomography, evaluating the accumulation of a contrast material by a polyp and differentiating the mass formation in the liver, accompanying a polyp during its transformation into a malignant neoplasm.
Polyps are not dangerous by themselves, however, the frequency of their transformation into a malignant tumor, or malignancy, is estimated to be quite high and amounts to 10-30%. It is the risk of malignancy, as well as the size of the formations that determine the treatment tactics when they are detected. When a polyp is less than 1 cm, as a rule, it is recommended to observe it with a control ultrasound at least once every 3 months. If the size of the formation is 1 cm or more, surgical intervention with cholecystectomy is recommended.
The gallbladder is inextricably linked with all processes in the digestive system. That is why the formation of polyps in it is of great importance diet and a clear diet.
It is necessary to exclude from the list of products:
- strong alcoholic drinks,
- animal fats,
- pickles, pickles, canned food, smoked meats,
- fatty fish and meat,
- spices and spices
- sorrel and spinach,
- sour cream
It is also undesirable to use foods that irritate mucous membranes, including garlic, onions, and radish. The amount of salt used should be reduced.
The diet should be rich in proteins and vitamins, it is recommended to include:
- Sezhi vegetables and sweet fruits,
- Boiled vegetables puree,
- Eggs cooked in the form of an omelet or boiled soft-boiled (no more than 2 pieces a week),
- Low-fat cottage cheese,
- Vegetable oil (not more than 2 tablespoons per day),
- Boiled lean meat and poultry,
- Dried white bread.
To prevent polyps in the gall bladder, you should listen more often and attentively to your body and not delay the visit to a qualified specialist. The basic rules of life should be strengthening the body and proper nutrition. This will help maintain health and avoid negative consequences.
Fasting with polyps in the gallbladder
In medical circles, it is believed that starving with polyps in the biliary system is not the best idea. The fact is that most of the problems in the biliary system are associated with bile stasis. Stagnation often occurs during long breaks between meals - for example, with irregular feeding or fasting. As a result of stagnation, over time, the inflammatory process and even the formation of stones develop.
What can be achieved by fasting? Digestive processes stop, bile does not flow out, but accumulates and condenses.
To avoid stagnation, with polyposis, it is recommended not to starve, but to eat fractionally: often in small portions. This mode facilitates the work of the hepatobiliary system and contributes to its purification.
Recipes for Polyps in the Gallbladder
- Protein omelet
You will need: proteins from three eggs, 30 ml of milk, a little salt and butter.
Proteins whipped with milk, add salt. Cooked in a double boiler or poured into a frying pan with a small amount of butter and put on a small fire for languishing. Served with vegetables or 10% sour cream.
Need: 200 g potatoes, 2 tbsp. l rolled oats, one carrot, some salt and vegetable oil.
Vegetables are finely chopped, poured with water and set on fire, boiled almost until ready. Add the oat-flakes and boil for another 10 minutes. Salt, add greens and oil, and remove from heat.
Required: 0.5 liters of vegetable broth, two large carrots, butter, salt, greens.
Carrots finely chopped, boiled in broth until cooked. Add salt and butter, beat in a blender until the state of the cream. Served with croutons and greens.
It will take: 9% cottage cheese 100 g, 1 tbsp. l 10% sour cream, sugar or honey.
All ingredients are mixed to the state of the cream. This cottage cheese can be used for spreading on croutons or cookies. If you want, you can make a salty version of the dish: in this case, salt and dill are added instead of sugar or honey.
Alcohol with polyps in the gall bladder
Medical professionals do not recommend drinking alcohol to people who have had polyposis inclusions in the biliary system. It should be noted that the system of biliary excretion is a clear and balanced mechanism that ensures the timely entry of bile mass into the duodenum. But the use of alcohol, albeit in small quantities, upsets this balance: the function of the sphincters is lost, and the secretion of bile becomes asynchronous.
Alcohol activates the secretion of both bile and pancreatic enzymes, as well as simultaneously provoking the spastic contraction of the sphincter of Oddi, which is responsible for the secretion of bile. The process of overstretching the walls of the organ starts, as a result of an increase in pressure in it. In turn, these disorders entail functional stagnation, followed by inflammatory processes. And, as you know, it is stagnation and inflammation that are among the factors that provoke the appearance of polyps in the biliary system.
The ducts are narrowed, scar connective tissue is formed, the risk of stone formation increases.
If alcohol is consumed in large quantities, then the processes of intoxication lead to a failure of fat metabolism - this is another factor that adversely affects both the mechanism of development of polyps and the entire body as a whole.
In conclusion, it should be added that ethanol adversely affects the quality of microflora in the biliary system, which aggravates stagnation and accelerates the development of inflammation.
Tubage with gallbladder polyps
Is it possible to carry out tubage with gallbladder polyps?
Experts believe that the procedure of tubing with the use of vegetable oil or beet juice with polyps can harm patients, because of its excessive intensity. Doctors recommend cleaning the liver and bile ducts instead of tubage. This is done with the help of manual therapy, special massage techniques, breathing exercises. In addition, it is well possible to clear the ducts, taking choleretic fees on the background of acupuncture and visceral chiropractic procedures. This therapeutic combination will help relieve spasms, eliminate tissue swelling, and improve the flow of bile from the hepatobiliary system.
Herb pickings may include:
- chamomile flowers
- St. John's wort grass
- mint leaves,
- yarrow grass,
- fennel seeds,
A good substitute for a tuba will also be the reception of one tablespoon of vegetable oil in the morning on an empty stomach, with a glass of warm water. And a prerequisite is the daily feasible physical exertion, which improves blood circulation and promotes the natural processes of cleansing the body, and also prevents the stagnation of bile.
Polyps in the gallbladder - treatment methods
If the size of these neoplasms and their number allow not to resort to surgical intervention, then conservative therapies are applied, which provide for drug treatment with drugs that contribute to the dissolution of cholesterol accumulations and prevent their further growth. Also, to eliminate the stagnation of bile, preparations of choleretic action are used. If there is concomitant cholecystitis (inflammation of the gallbladder), anti-inflammatory drugs are used.
Drug therapy is quite a long process (sometimes treatment lasts for several years), and is always used in combination with a special diet. If conservative methods do not bring the desired result, then the gallbladder is usually completely removed (the operation is called cholecystectomy). However, such intervention does not eliminate the cause of the pathology, therefore, in the absence of this body, it is necessary to continue to follow the dietary recommendations.
There are also methods of removing polyps with organ preservation (they are used extremely rarely), but their consequences may be unpredictable due to the integrity of the bladder membrane.
How to eat with a polyp (polyps) in the gallbladder?
The nutritional requirements for such a pathology (as, indeed, for all other diseases of this organ) are prescribed in a diet called the “Treatment Table No. 5”. It imposes restrictions not only on the diet, but also on the diet.
The basic requirements of such a diet are as follows:
- fractional food intake, in which you need to eat often (five to six times a day) at regular time intervals in small portions,
- food should only be warm, because both hot and cold dishes have a negative effect on the digestive system,
- the total number of kilocalories consumed should not be more than 2000 - 2500,
- Proteins (like fats) should be about 70 grams, carbohydrates - from 300 (preferably) to 400 (maximum) grams,
- the menu must be coordinated with the attending physician or dietician, since the diet may change depending on the current state of the patient,
- daily fluid intake is two liters,
- before meals, it is recommended to drink a glass of water or herbal-based decoction,
- food can only be cooked in three ways: by steaming, baking or boiling (you can not fry in any case),
- for better digestion of food, it is better to either grate or grind in another way.
The purpose of this diet is to ensure a normal digestive process and facilitate the excretion and outflow of bile. In addition, this diet is an excellent prevention of numerous diseases of the liver and gallbladder.
What can and can not eat with polyps of the gallbladder?
It is not worth thinking that the diet number 5 ban all products that a person consumed before the discovery of his polyposis. The list of approved products is wide enough to make a full, nutritious and tasty menu out of it.
If we talk about meat, it is allowed to use its dietary varieties (veal, rabbit meat, chicken and turkey meat (poultry meat can be eaten only white)). Low-fat fish are also allowed (pike, pike perch, and so on). Absolutely refusing protein foods is harmful, because the body needs proteins.
Chicken eggs contain a lot of cholesterol, so their consumption should be reduced to one - two per week (preferably - eliminating the yolk). Of these, you can cook steam omelets or boil them softly.
Black bread and fresh white bread from the diet will have to be removed. Yesterday's white bread and crackers are allowed.
The basis of the diet should be vegetables (both raw and boiled / baked), from which you can prepare salads, mashed potatoes, soups (without meat broths) and stews.
In the process of cooking such dishes, it is better not to add oil, and add it to taste in ready-made dishes (only vegetable and not more than two tablespoons per day).
Berries and fruits can only be sweet. Apples are best eaten baked. Well suited for such food compotes and jelly on the basis of fresh or dried fruit. Useful decoction of wild rose.
Cottage cheese and dairy products with a low percentage of fat content are not just allowed but recommended for consumption.
You should also not forget about the various types of cereal porridge (buckwheat, oatmeal, rice and semolina), which are not only useful, but also tasty.
Honey can be made from sweets, as well as mousses made from sweet fruits and berries, jelly, marshmallow and marmalade. A more complete list of foods allowed by diet number 5 is best to check with your doctor, taking into account individual intolerance and the specific state of your health.
Alcohol, carbonated drinks, fatty meats (pork, lamb) and poultry (duck and goose), as well as fatty fish are banned. Butter can be quite a bit, and then - adding it to the porridge once a day. There is nothing fried, canned, smoked, spicy and marinated. Prohibited pickles. It should be removed from the diet of vegetables, in which a lot of essential oils (garlic, onions, radishes, ginger root and the like). Limit the amount of eaten eggplants and tomatoes as much as possible.
All kinds of mushrooms, legumes (peas, beans, lentils, etc.), as well as sour fruits (especially citrus) and berries, continue the list of products prohibited by this diet. Of course, you should forget about this kind of food, like fast food. Sorrel and spinach are also excluded from the diet.
About sweet (except for the above) is also worth forgetting. Chocolate, cakes, pastries, ice cream, sweet muffins and pastries using transgenic fats (margarine) - all this is now impossible.
You should also monitor the amount of salt consumed (no more than 10 grams per dish).
As you can see, there is nothing terrible in such a diet, and the benefits of its observance will be very tangible, which will allow to get rid of such an unpleasant illness, like polyps in the gallbladder.
Principles of diet
The principles of diet for polyps in the gallbladder are based on the need for a healthy diet and a person to maintain the right, comfortable for the body, lifestyle.
Nutrition for polyps in the gallbladder is based on a fairly low-calorie diet. Daily calorie intake should not exceed 2000 kcal. At the same time, it is extremely important that the diet contains foods rich in proteins, vitamins, micro and macro elements.
Drinking regimen should be observed: 1.5 - 2 liters of fluid per day, including water, compote of dried fruit, jelly. It is advisable to drink a glass of boiled water at room temperature before each meal.
Food taken should not burn or be too cold. The main feature of the diet is the so-called fractional diet. Meal is carried out in the daytime every 3 hours in small portions, a light snack is shown half an hour before bedtime. The main principle of the diet for polyps of the gallbladder: the body should not be hungry.
What is good to eat with polyps?
Do not fall into a dreary mood. The diet for gallbladder polyposis is quite diverse. An assortment consisting of meat, fish, and vegetable products will not allow you to starve and provide the body with necessary calories and healthy substances.
The following products should be preferred:
- do not refuse bread, eat it in dried form,
- All kinds of cereals are welcome
- strong broth should be replaced by a weak, better vegetable,
- vegetable puree is a good choice,
- coffee is replaced with green and herbal tea, dried fruit compote, jelly,
- useful non-acidic fruits: pears, apples, bananas, dried fruits,
- sugar should be limited, and a little marshmallow, marmalade or marshmallows will raise your spirits,
- favorite seafood consumed in small portions,
- from dairy products: cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese,
- sea and river fish should be low-fat varieties,
- meat is best steamed, preferring turkey, chicken, veal, rabbit.
As you can see, the list of approved products is quite extensive. Properly selected menu will not lead to depression and will provide the body with all necessary.
Some doctors during the 2-month diet allow 5 times for this period, the use of patients a small amount of harmful products.
One diet is not enough, you need to accustom yourself to regular physical exertion. Movement enhances the metabolic processes in the body, destroying stagnation, including in the gallbladder. Walking with a quick step in the fresh air for an hour or at least 40 minutes, performed at least 3 times a week, will provide oxygenation to the tissues and give a good workout to the whole body.
The doctor will introduce products that are now banned. Polyps in the gall bladder will not progress if the diet is strictly followed. We'll have to exclude:
- smoked meat
The attending physician should acquaint the patient with a list of foods harmful to him.
- ketchup, sauces, hot peppers and seasonings,
- fatty meat, fish,
- baking, fresh pastries,
- banned all fried,
- coffee and strong tea
- canned food
- vegetables are not recommended onions, garlic, radish, radishes.
It is necessary to exclude products that aggressively affect mucous membranes or lead to increased gas formation. Fatty foods in combination with sweets lead to an increase in blood cholesterol levels. Cholesterol, deposited on the walls of the gallbladder, can provoke the formation and growth of polyps. The diet for a polyp of the gallbladder provides for a complete rejection of such a useful in all other cases, product like honey. It is important to remember and not violate.
Do not completely abandon the use of fat. Fat in a small amount needed by the body. The main thing is a sense of proportion. Put some butter in the porridge, eat a thin plastic of salty lard before dinner. Recommended use of vegetable oil no more than 2 tablespoons daily.
Keeping a diet with a polyp in the gallbladder will prevent the formation of new polyps and stop the growth of an existing one.
- In folk medicine, celandine tincture is used: one table of dry grass is poured with half a cup of boiling water, infused for 1 hour, filtered. Within a month, one-third of a glass is taken 30 minutes before meals, then a break of 10 days. The treatment is repeated 3 times.
- Traditional medicine advises to prepare a drink from the infusion of wild rose. He has a choleretic effect and is the champion of vitamin C.
- Immortelle, plantain leaf, St. John's wort and blackberry - 20 g of each ingredient mixed, pour boiling water. Insist the decoction for 7 hours. Take a month 30 minutes before meals three times a day.
- Chamomile, celandine and St. John's wort are mixed in the same way.
- You can make a choleretic collection of a mixture of herbs: tansy, chamomile, calendula, St. John's wort, burdock root. A good effect of propolis tincture is noted (dilute 1 hl in 50 ml of water). It is taken 2 times a day 20 minutes before meals.
- If polyps have already led to cholecystitis, traditional healers recommend mixing 5 parts of dry yarrow, 3 parts of immortelle flowers and 2 parts of tangut rhubarb root. The collection is filled with boiling water, infused hour, filtered. Drink before bedtime in one glass.
You should try these recipes if your doctor approves their composition and action. Any course of treatment with herbs lasts no more than one month. Then a 10-day break.
The treatment started on time, the right diet, the optimal diet, moderate exercise and most importantly - a positive attitude will have a beneficial effect, leaving the past problems with the gall bladder.
Our body does not like dismissive attitude towards it. Quality of life is determined by the composition and amount of food consumed.
Hippocrates said: "You are what you eat." The famous healer of antiquity believed that a human disease is the result of improper diet, habits and the nature of his life. Do you agree with him?