picamilon and mexidol can be taken simultaneously?
picamilon and mexidol what compatibility?
Are picamilon and mexidol compatible?
Can Mexidol and Picamilon be taken together?
Drugs Mexidol and Pikamilon do not belong to the same group of drugs.
If you read the instructions from picamilon, you can find out that this medicine improves cerebral circulation as a result of direct exposure.
But Mexidol improves blood circulation in the brain indirectly, it occurs as a result of the antioxidant effect, as well as increasing the body's resistance.
As a result of the application, you get different effects from the action of the drug: improved microcirculation or an antioxidant effect.
Therefore, before taking one of the medications you should consult with your doctor so that he himself prescribes the correct treatment and the drug you need.
Indications for use
The doctor may prescribe a drug if you have the following health problems:
- impaired blood circulation in the brain,
- alcohol and drug addiction
- fatigue, constant fatigue,
- unreasonable fear and anxiety,
- severe migraine
- neuroinfectious processes.
In each case, the daily dose of the drug for a particular organism is calculated individually. Adults are usually advised to take 90-150 mg of the drug per day. If injections are recommended, their number depends on the age of the patient and the nature of the disease. Vikpocetin is considered an analog of Picamilon.
In addition, Picamilon is not rarely prescribed to use schoolchildren to increase their brain activity. This cannot be said about Mexidol - on the contrary, it is not recommended for children. Picamilon and Mexidol - which is better for a child? In this matter, preference is given to the first option, because according to the instructions, Mexidol should not be taken by children. To treat the treatment in this case should be with special attention.
The action of this drug is primarily aimed at improving the process of metabolism. In addition, the drug may be prescribed in the following situations:
- acute disorders of cerebral circulation,
- neurotic states accompanied by anxiety and stress
- purulent and inflammatory processes in the abdominal region,
- tissue hypoxia.
Mexidol is available in tablets and ampoules for injection. He has a lot of analogues. One of those is Actovegin.
Patients often have a question - is it possible to take Mexidol and Picamilon together? To get a competent answer to this question, it is necessary to analyze the properties of drugs.
Compatibility Picamilon and Mexidol worries many, because medical specialists quite often prescribe these medicines at the same time.. It is worth noting that, despite the different pharmacological groups, drugs can be considered analogues of each other. This means that medication can be used together.
To achieve a more effective result of treatment, it is recommended to also give injections. At the same time, taking medications is better in different forms - one in the form of tablets, the other in the form of injections.
Found a mistake? Select it and press Ctrl + Enter
Brief description of drugs
Mexidol - pronounced nootropic, stimulates the metabolism of brain cells, is able to protect them from lack of oxygen, the toxic effect of harmful substances. It affects the brain tissue itself, increasing activity, resistance under adverse conditions. It is proved that Mexidol is a universal antioxidant, but a wide spectrum noprotector.
Picamilon normalizes blood circulation throughout the body, mainly affecting the neuro-circulation of blood. It acts on the vessels of the brain, helping them to expand, to deliver more oxygen, essential nutrients to the nerve cells. Picamilon maintains blood vessels in a tone, thereby indirectly affecting brain tissue.
The main differences between the two drugs:
- belong to substances of dissimilar chemical properties
- different pharmacological action
General - pronounced therapeutic effect on the human nervous system.
Mexidol or picamilon: which is better?
The exact answer can only be given by the doctor who treats the patient. If two drugs were prescribed, we can safely say: both are necessary in treatment.
- effective in cerebral ischemia
- normalizes the condition after shaking,
- will help with acute, chronic intoxication, alcoholism,
- improves memory, learning ability,
- reduces stress levels.
The advantages of Picamilon are due to its effect on the vessels:
- proven efficacy in vegetative dystonia (VVD),
- indispensable in the complex treatment of atherosclerosis,
- treats violations of cerebral circulation of various nature, dizziness,
- eliminates excessive emotionality, tearfulness.
Mexidol and Picamilon can be taken together?
Having consulted a number of neurologists, we received close answers that can be summarized as follows:
- “Mexidol and Picamilon perfectly complement the effect of each other, can be taken simultaneously to enhance the effects on the patient's body. Picamilon dilates blood vessels, increases their permeability, and more blood with useful substances, oxygen, begins to flow to the brain tissue. If Mexidol is jointly adopted, it will reach nerve cells faster, will have a more significant and long-lasting therapeutic effect than in the absence of Picamilon ”
- Specialists prescribe both drugs in a complex, if the patient simultaneously has disorders of the central nervous system and blood circulation. Such symptoms are characteristic of the elderly, debilitated persons with chronic diagnoses.
- Due to the antioxidant effect of Mexidol and Picamilon's vasodilating effect, the level of brain hypoxia is reduced, because more oxygen is supplied to it, its needs are reduced. The combination of Mexidol and Picamilon has the best effect. The combined use is useful in that the therapeutic effect is achieved with lower doses, short periods of treatment. This is important for patients suffering from diseases of the liver, the excretory system.
Injections of Mexidol with Pikamilon, is it possible to combine?
Medications are much more effective when used parenterally, doctors often prescribe injections to patients. Will I have to refuse injections to apply Picamilon and Mexidol together?
Doctors make the following recommendations:
- Applying Picamilon with mexidol in the form of injections is possible, only different syringes should be used. It is undesirable for two drugs to mix, due to their different chemical nature. Similar clinical trials have never been conducted.
- Make sure that Picamilon and Mexidol are injected into different parts of the body. For intramuscular use - in both buttocks, buttock and thigh. This treatment condition prevents the undesirable effects of a combination of drugs.
- The use of two drugs divided by time, the first it is desirable to enter Picamilon. It has a vasodilating effect, is able to prepare the body for better absorption of Mexidol into the bloodstream. After the use of Picamilon in the injection, the effect of Mexidol is longer and more pronounced.
Joint injections of Pikamilon and Mexidol have the same advantages as taking in the form of tablets. Additional benefits of injections:
- rapid onset of action (10–15 minutes after injections),
- better absorbed by the body
- no side effects on the gastrointestinal tract,
- more pronounced, lasting effect.
Picamilon and Mexidol at the same time: reviews
Opinions of specialists in the treatment of diseases of the nervous system are important, but in their patients the assessment of the use of drugs can vary greatly. Drug praised by doctors is often ineffective for a particular patient. We will not be unsubstantiated and let the patients themselves tell about the unique experience of the joint use of Picamilon and Mexidol.
Marina, 48 years old, Vladivostok
A couple of years ago, problems started with sleep, dizziness, fatigue from scratch. I could not concentrate at work after a sleepless night. It got worse with the memory, the usual things were more complicated. Doctors referred to the early onset of menopause, but I decided that this was an excuse. She found a good neurologist at the medical center, he prescribed Mexidol first, then added Picamilon to the course when he saw that the first drug was working. I have already forgotten how I could not concentrate during the day, but at night - fall asleep. There is no climax, fortunately.
Nikolay, 65 years old, Novosibirsk
Came to the doctor in the clinic with a lot of complaints. Tinnitus, constant forgetting about trifles, difficult to concentrate. Normal for my age and illness condition, someone will say, but I did not accept it. The doctor immediately prescribed Picamilon's injections with Mexidol to act faster. After a week, I felt better, brightened in my head. Now I pass the third course of injections, support myself, still age. Forgetting, the noise no longer returned.
Love, 32 years old, Samara
Since my youth, doctors have put on vascular dystonia. Constant fatigue, weakness, small headaches. I lived with that. But after a concussion, everything worsened so much that she could not tolerate it. When I left the hospital, my head ached unbearably, I was spinning. Well, the therapist in the clinic came across literate, discharged Picamilon, Mexidol, sent to a neurologist. He confirmed: it is worth taking them. I myself by that time realized that they were acting: the headaches were quietly gone, weakness.
Vladimir, 70 years old, Perm
In 68 suffered a stroke, the hand moves poorly, difficulty with speech. A new diagnosis was made: ischemia. Semi-faint when walking, it's hard to remember the daily routine, where you went, why. The grandchildren were taken to the professor, he made the verdict that with such diagnoses it was necessary, in addition to the main drugs, to take supportive. Appointed stabbing Picamilon, Mexidol in addition. The miracle did not happen, the disease remained. But I feel much better, I remember why I am going, my head is not spinning. Grandchildren calmly let one go for a walk, sit on a bench.
Composition, properties, therapeutic effect of Pikamilon
Picamilon is a nootropic and vascular remedy.
The drug called Picamilon comes in the form of a solution for injection and tablets. It is usually prescribed to improve cerebral circulation. The main active ingredient is nicotinoyl gamma-aminobutyric acid. In tablets among the excipients found potato starch, talc, stearic acid, sucrose, etc. In the solution for injection there are no auxiliary components, except for the basic substance and water.
When asked what to choose, Picamilon or Mexidol, which is better and more effective, it is difficult to answer without a specific diagnosis. Most often, the drug is prescribed in the form of tablets, because it is well absorbed in the digestive tract and does not cause irritation of the stomach. To obtain the effect of the drug should be taken courses. The immediate effect of a single dose of Picamilon is difficult to achieve.
Picamilon has the following effect:
- Improves metabolism in nerve cells. The brain consists of nerve cells, therefore, with a decrease in mental or physical activity, this drug can be administered.
- Improves blood supply to the brain. The antihypoxic effect of Picamilon is considered to be major. It improves access of blood to various parts of the brain, saturating tissues with oxygen, which is especially important for thrombosis, stroke, etc.
- Stabilizes blood microcirculation of internal organs and eyes. It has been proven that with the use of Picamilon, the blood supply improves not only of the brain, but also of other organs. This effect is often used in the treatment of eye diseases.
- It has an antioxidant effect. Picamilon increases the resistance of body cells to the negative effects of the environment, including the effects of free radicals.
- It has the properties of a tranquilizer. Picamilon reduces anxiety, aggression, improves mood, normalizes sleep. At the same time, side effects in the form of drowsiness are absent.
- Also known is the ability of Picamilon to remove alcohol from the body and slow its absorption. The drug may have a psychostimulant effect, increasing mental and physical performance.
Once in the body, the drug is concentrated for the most part in the adipose tissue: muscles, brain, kidneys. Excretion occurs through the kidneys.
The drug is taken in violation of cerebral circulation and the IRR
Picamilon is a nootropic and has a fairly wide range of indications for admission. Prescribe the drug can therapist when confirming the diagnosis.
In some cases, the drug is prescribed to athletes to increase physical stamina. However, before using the drug, you must read the instructions, examine all the contraindications and side effects.
Picamilon is prescribed in the following cases:
- Ischemic stroke. Ischemia disrupts the blood supply to the brain, which is usually caused by atherosclerotic plaques and blood clots that block the lumen of the vessels. Picamilon can be prescribed during the acute stage or during the rehabilitation period to reduce the likelihood of complications.
- Asthenic syndrome. In chronic alcoholism, Picamilon is prescribed to relieve hangover. Treatment of alcoholism often takes place with the participation of this drug.
- Vegetative-vascular dystonia. This condition is accompanied by a whole complex of disorders, often leading to anxiety, headaches. Picamilon can significantly reduce the severity of these symptoms and improve the patient's condition.
- Senile psychosis. People aged are subject to stress and fears more. Picamilon helps reduce feelings of fear and anxiety, relieves emotional instability.
- Eye disease. Picamilon is prescribed for glaucoma, damage to the optic nerve, retina.
- Traumatic brain injury. With various injuries may appear hematomas, hemorrhages, deterioration of the blood supply to the brain. To reduce the risk of adverse effects, Picamilon is prescribed.
- Migraine. Picamilon is not prescribed as an anesthetic drug, but for the prevention of migraine and the treatment of its root causes. The drug does not have an immediate analgesic effect.
In pediatric practice, Picamilon is often used to treat enuresis. Causes of uncontrolled urination can be stresses, infections and diseases of the urinary system, trauma and mental disorders of the child. Picamilon is included in the standard treatment regimen for this disease and is supplemented with other drugs that eliminate the cause of this condition.
Picamilon is used both independently and in complex therapy
Picamilon, like most nootropics, has few contraindications, but they should be considered before starting treatment. Contraindications are individual intolerance to the drug, pregnancy, breastfeeding, children up to 3 years.Since the drug is excreted only through the kidneys, it is not recommended to be taken in case of serious renal diseases or renal failure.
During pregnancy, the drug is prescribed with caution, because the study of its effects on the fetus was not conducted.
When treating Pikamilon need to follow the rules of its application:
- The treatment regimen, course and dosage are determined individually depending on the diagnosis, age and condition of the patient. Independent uncontrolled administration of the drug can lead to negative consequences.
- The drug is taken by courses that can not be interrupted without a doctor's recommendation. It is necessary to take medicine during the day at the same time to maintain the desired concentration in the blood.
- Take Picamilon in the form of tablets, regardless of the meal. Absorption of the drug does not depend on whether there is food in the stomach.
- It is desirable to take the pill whole, without chewing, crushing or dissolving in the liquid. Wash down with clean water in the amount of half a glass. It is impossible to drink the preparation with hot liquids or alcoholic beverages.
- For depression and increased anxiety, it is recommended to take from 2 to 10 tablets per day for 1-2 months. In severe depressions, the treatment can be extended up to 3 months.
- With glaucoma and other eye diseases, take 1 tablet (50 mg) 3 times a day for a month.
If the rules of adherence are followed, side effects can be avoided. Among them, there are headaches, dizziness, increased anxiety, drowsiness, nausea and vomiting, itching and rash when an allergic reaction occurs.
If you experience side effects, you must stop taking the drug and consult a doctor. The appearance of side effects when taking Picamilon - a rarity. Usually they appear when the permissible dosage is exceeded.
Composition, properties, purpose of Mexidol
Mexidol has a pronounced antihypoxic effect.
Mexidol is appointed primarily to improve metabolic processes. The drug is also available in the form of tablets or solution for injection. The main active ingredient is ethylmethylhydroxypyridine succinate. This substance protects the cells of the body from the negative effects of the environment, strengthens the cell membrane.
The antioxidant effect of Mexidol is considered to be the main one. Among the auxiliary effects emit antihypoxic, sedative, nootropic and anticonvulsant. Obviously, the similarity in action with Picamilon, but Mexidol cannot be considered a full-fledged nootropic. The drug improves metabolism in brain cells and normalizes blood supply, however, it is not included in the same group as Pikamilon.
Mexidol can be appointed in the following cases:
- Traumatic brain injury. As a rule, Mexidol is prescribed for minor injuries or during recovery to reduce the severity of negative effects on the brain.
- Encephalopathy. This is a brain disease of a non-infectious nature. There is a destruction of the cells due to hypoxia. In this disease, Mexidol is often prescribed in combination with nootropics to improve metabolism and blood supply.
- Neurosis. Neurasthenic conditions and neuroses are reversible, but they last long enough. Mexidol is prescribed to reduce the severity of symptoms of neurosis, reduce irritability, anxiety, eliminate depressive state.
- Alcoholism. Treatment of chronic alcoholism is complex. Mexidol is included in the scheme to relieve withdrawal symptoms, improve the patient's condition. When taking the drug relief comes within a week.
- Atherosclerosis. With atherosclerosis, the blood circulation is disturbed, tissue hypoxia begins, and the work of the internal organs is disturbed. This disease can lead to stroke. To reduce the risk of complications, Mexidol is prescribed.
Mexidol can also be prescribed for the prevention or improvement of efficiency, stress resistance during work in extreme conditions, with large physical and emotional stress.
Contraindications and side effects, rules of admission
The drug is well tolerated, and side effects are extremely rare.
Take Mexidol need on prescription. The dosage and duration of the course of treatment depends on the disease being treated at the moment. Most often, this drug is prescribed in the form of tablets. He has no immediate sedation. When neurosis and increased anxiety need to drink a course.
The drug is taken orally on 125-250 mg up to 3 times a day. The maximum daily dose should not exceed 800 mg. Treatment usually lasts up to 2 months. In the case of serious illness, disorders or treatment of chronic alcoholism, the course may be extended.
After the course you need to take a break. If the doctor prescribes a second course, it is better to conduct it in spring or autumn, especially in patients with cardiovascular pathologies.
If necessary, you can enter the drug drip into the vein.
The rate of administration should be no more than 60 drops per minute. The drug is not recommended to throw sharply. It is stopped to accept with the help of a gradual reduction of the dosage.
It is not recommended to take Mexidol in the following cases:
- Children's age up to 12 years. The effect of the drug on the children's body has not been studied enough, so pediatricians prescribe it quite rarely and only when absolutely necessary.
- Pregnancy. The effect of the drug on the fetus, the formation of tissues and meninges during pregnancy has not been studied. For this reason, in the period of carrying a child, Mexidol is not appointed. Especially dangerous are drugs in the 1st trimester, when the formation of all organs and systems.
- Renal failure. The drug is excreted in the urine. Accordingly, in renal insufficiency, the concentration of the drug in the blood increases, which can lead to various complications.
- Individual intolerance. Sometimes intolerance to the components of the drug. In this case, it is necessary to stop the course of treatment and select an analogue that is different in composition.
Side effects when taking Mexidol are dry mouth, nausea, and allergic reactions. However, the occurrence of side effects is rare. Usually the drug is well tolerated by patients. Severe side effects appear during overdose, but even when taking large doses of this drug, it is not very toxic and does not lead to serious consequences.
Picamilon or Mexidol - what are the differences and which is better?
Mexidol and Picamilon are drugs of different groups.
Many patients are concerned about whether these drugs are compatible, since in many diseases they are prescribed together. As mentioned above, the properties of Picamilon and Mexidol are partially similar, but they cannot be called absolute analogs.
Nevertheless, you can take them together. They fit well. To prevent the development of overdose and side effects, doctors recommend that one drug be taken in the form of tablets, and the other in the form of injections.
When choosing a drug, one should take into account the similarities and differences between Picamilon and Mexidol:
- Despite the similarity of effects, drugs have different effects. Picamilon expands the blood vessels of the brain, improving blood flow, and Mexidol improves metabolic processes in the cells. Since the effect is not identical, drugs are often prescribed together.
- Despite the fact that both drugs can improve the mental performance of the brain, Pikamilon may be prescribed to children of school age, adolescents during active study, and Mexidol is contraindicated in children.
- Both drugs reduce the toxic effects of alcohol on the body and can be taken simultaneously in the treatment of chronic alcoholism.
- Unlike Picamilon, Mexidol can be used to repair and heal tissues. For example, it is prescribed for inflammation of the abdominal cavity (including purulent), as well as for inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity. The drug is also available in the form of toothpaste.
More information about Picamilon can be found in the video:
To choose a particular drug, it is necessary to determine which effect is necessary. If there are serious diseases and circulatory disorders of the brain tissue, Picamilon will be more effective. Mexidol will cope with simpler tasks, minor head injuries or hypoxia.
Picamilon is an older drug that adds to its popularity. In some cases, doctors recommend Mexidol, as they consider it more modern and safer. However, we must remember that the main action of Mexidol - antioxidant. With ischemic stroke and severe brain damage, it cannot always help.
Mexidol or Picamilon which is better?
The effect of Picamilon and Mexidol is partially similar, but they are not similar. In order to understand in which case it is more efficient to compare these means:
- Despite the effect they have, the mechanism of action is different. Picamilon causes dilation of cerebral vessels, thereby improving its blood flow. Mexidol improves metabolism (metabolism), prevents oxygen starvation of cells in the brain in the brain.
- Both drugs help to increase mental performance, but Picamilon can be used from any age, and Mexidol is contraindicated in childhood.
- Mexidol can also be used for acute intoxication, such as alcohol.
And so, Picamilon, thanks to its tranquilizing (sedative) action, is effective in:
- mental disorders (anxiety, fears)
- increased irritability
- urinary incontinence
Mexidol is more effective in:
- traumatic brain injury
- consequences of acute cerebral circulatory disorders
- alcohol intoxication
- extreme stress on the body
- ischemic disease (lack of blood circulation)
Composition, release forms and names of Picamilon
Picamilon is currently available in two dosage forms:
- Pills for oral administration
- Injection (for intramuscular or intravenous administration).
Tablets are available in two dosages - 0.02 g (20 mg) and 0.05 g (50 mg) of the active substance. The solution for injection is available in sealed ampoules also in two versions of the concentration of the active component - 50 mg / ml (5%) and 100 mg / ml (10%). In everyday speech, short names "Picamilon tablets" or "Picamilon ampoules" are used to designate various medicinal forms of the drug. To indicate the dosage of tablets, the short name “Picamilon 0.02” or “Picamilon 0.05” is often used, where the number indicates the amount of the active substance in the preparation. To distinguish between the dosages of the solution, other everyday names are used, such as, "Picamilon 50" or "Picamilon 100". Thus, the well-established names of the drug ("Picamilon 0.02", "Picamilon 0.05", "Picamilon 50" and "Picamilon 100") are convenient and allow you to quickly and reliably distinguish different dosage forms and their dosages.
As the active substance, tablets and solution for injection Picamilon contain nicotinoyl gammaaminobutyric acid (nicotinoyl GABA) in various dosages:
- Tablets - 0.02 g or 0.05 g, which corresponds to 20 mg and 50 mg,
- Solution for injection - 50 mg / ml or 100 mg / ml, which corresponds to 5% or 10% concentration.
Pikamilon tablets of both dosages contain the following components as auxiliary substances:
- Potato starch,
- Magnesium Hydroxycarbonate Hydrate
- Calcium stearate,
- Stearic acid,
Picamilon solution does not contain any excipients.
Pikamilon tablets are cylinder-shaped, flattened on both sides, each with a chamfer. Tablets of both dosages are painted white or white with a cream tint color. Ampoules contain 2 ml of a clear solution of 5% or 10% concentration. Tablets are available in packs of 30, 50 or 100 pieces, and the solution - 10 ampoules.
Scope of application and therapeutic effect
The scope of application and therapeutic effect of Pikamilon are due to its active substance nicotinoyl-GABA. This substance is a stimulator of metabolism in the nerve cells, of which the brain actually consists. In addition, nicotinoyl-GABA has an antihypoxic and antioxidant effect on tissues and brain cells, thereby protecting it from various injuries.
Pikamilon's antihypoxic effect is to improve the blood supply to the brain, which is especially important for atherosclerosis, thrombosis or vascular diseases, when the tissues receive an insufficient amount of blood, and, consequently, oxygen, and nutrients. Picamilon improves blood flow to the brain, which allows oxygen and nutrients to be delivered to all structures.
In addition, Picamilon improves eye microcirculation and blood supply to all internal organs. Improvement of microcirculation is achieved due to the anti-aggregation effect of Picamilon, which consists in preventing adhesion and adhesion of platelets with the formation of blood clots.
Pikamilon's antioxidant effect is to increase the resistance of cells to the negative effects of various free radicals, which are toxic molecules that can damage the membrane structure and cause cell death. Under the influence of Picamilon, brain cells successfully resist the negative effects of free radicals, remain structurally whole and functionally complete. This improves the functional activity of the brain, which, in turn, significantly enhances cognitive abilities (thinking, memory, attention, etc.).
In addition, nicotinoyl-GABA has a moderate tranquilizing effect (normalizes mood, reduces aggression, relieves fears, anxiety, etc.), not accompanied by the effect of drowsiness and muscle relaxation (relaxation of all muscles). Picamilon also has a psychostimulating effect, restoring physical and intellectual performance under high loads or overwork.
We should also note the ability of Picamilon to neutralize the depressant effect of alcohol on the central nervous system.
Given the therapeutic effect of Pikamilon, the drug is used for cerebral circulation disorders associated with hypoxia or stroke, as well as with cerebrovascular insufficiency, dyscirculatory encephalopathy, head injuries, migraines or alcoholic brain damage.
When using Picamilon with regular courses, a person improves intellectual and physical performance and memory, normalizes sleep, and anxiety decreases or disappears completely. Motor and speech disorders, provoked by neurological disorders, against the background of course use Pikamilon decrease or disappear.
Picamilon injections - instructions for use
For intravenous infusion of the drug ("dropper"), the contents of one ampoule is diluted in 200 ml of sterile saline. If you need to enter more than 1 ampoule of the drug, then the amount of saline solution that is necessary for dilution is calculated based on the following ratio: 1 ampule of Picamilon 5% or 10% concentration per 200 ml of saline.
For intramuscular or intravenous jet injection, Picamilon solution is used immediately after opening the ampoule, without performing any additional actions.Intramuscularly and intravenously, you can enter the entire volume of the solution from one ampoule (2 ml) or half (1 ml).
For the treatment of acute or chronic impairment of cerebral circulation, Picamilon is administered in a dose of 100-200 mg (2 ml of 5% solution - 2 ml of 10% solution) 2 times a day, with an "IV" in the morning, and an intramuscular injection is given in the evening. It is possible to inject Pikamilon during the first 10 days intravenously, and in the next decade - intramuscularly. The duration of therapy is from 2 to 4 weeks, depending on the speed of recovery.
For the treatment of neurosis and asthenic conditions, provoked by various diseases, the drug is administered intramuscularly at 200-400 mg per day (2-4 ml of 10% solution) for 1 month. In addition to intramuscular administration during the treatment of asthenia, Picamilon is simultaneously taken in the form of tablets.
In chronic alcoholism in order to remove abstinence ("hangover"), the solution is injected intramuscularly in 100 - 300 mg (2 - 6 ml of 5% solution) per day during the week. During periods of withdrawal from alcoholism, Picamilon is injected in 40–60 mg (0.8–1.2 ml of 5% solution) once a day for 4–5 weeks.
For the treatment of acute alcohol poisoning, Picamilon is administered first intravenously in a saturating dosage calculated individually, based on the ratio of 5 mg per 1 kg of body weight. That is, the saturating dosage for a person weighing 70 kg will be equal to 70 * 5 = 350 mg, which corresponds to 7 ml of a 5% solution (3.5 ampoules). This amount is administered simultaneously intravenously. Then, a person is transferred to intravenous infusion ("dropper") of Picamilon in a dosage calculated from the ratio of 1.56 mg per 1 kg of body weight per hour. This means that within an hour, a person weighing 70 kg should receive 1.56 * 70 = 109.2 mg Pikamilon. The total duration of infusion is 4 hours, that is, the total supporting dosage for a person weighing 70 kg is 109.2 * 4 = 436 mg, which corresponds to approximately 9 ml of a 5% solution (4.5 ampoules). The calculated amount of Pikamilon is dissolved in 2.5 liters of saline and administered within 4 hours in the morning. In the evening, repeat the infusion.
For the treatment of cerebrovascular diseases (associated with impaired cerebral circulation), Picamilon is administered intravenously or intramuscularly in a dose of 20–50 mg (0.4–1 ml of a 5% solution) 2–3 times a day for 1–2 months.
For the treatment of depression, Picamilon is administered intramuscularly or intravenously in a dose of 40–200 mg (0.8–4 ml of a 5% solution) 2–3 times a day for 1.5–3 months.
Picamilon tablets - instructions for use (how to take)
The tablets are swallowed whole, without chewing or crushing in other ways, but drinking plenty of water (at least half a glass). Pikamilon tablets can be taken regardless of the meal. Dosages and duration of therapy are determined by the type and course of the disease.
For the treatment of dyscirculatory encephalopathy and diseases associated with impaired cerebral circulation (cerebrovascular diseases), Picamilon should be taken 20-50 mg 3 times a day for 1 to 2 months. Therapy courses are recommended to be repeated every 5-6 months.
Prevention of migraine attacks requires taking 50 mg (1 tablet) Pikamilon three times a day as needed (when precursors appear). To relieve an already developed migraine attack, it is necessary to take 100 mg (2 tablets of 50 mg each) of the drug at a time.
For the treatment of asthenia, it is necessary to take 40–80 mg (2–4 tablets of 20 mg) 1–2 times a day for 1–1.5 months. With inefficiency, you can increase the dose of Pikamilon to 200 - 300 mg (4 - 6 tablets of 50 mg) per day.
For the treatment of depression in elderly people, Picamilon must be taken in 40–200 mg (2–10 tablets in a dose of 20 mg) 2–3 times a day for 1.5–3 months. Treatment courses, if necessary, can be repeated at intervals of at least 3 months.
In order to restore performance at high loads, Picamilon needs to be taken 60 to 200 (3 to 10 tablets) 1 to 2 times a day for 1 to 1.5 months. People involved in sports can take Picamilon 200 mg (4 tablets of 50 mg) per day two weeks before the start of intense training.
To eliminate withdrawal symptoms (hangover), the drug should be taken 100-150 mg (2-3 tablets of 50 mg) per day for a week. If during this period headaches and other unpleasant symptoms of abstinence syndrome have not passed, then Pikamilon continue to take 40 - 60 mg (2 - 3 tablets of 20 mg) until the full normalization of the condition.
For the treatment of primary open-angle glaucoma, the drug should be taken in 50 mg (1 tablet) 3 times a day for 1 month. To improve ocular blood circulation in the complex therapy of diseases of the retina and optic nerve, Picamilon needs to be taken in 20-50 mg 3 times a day for 1 month.
For the treatment of functional disorders of urination (for example, on nerves, etc.) Picamilon is taken by 20 mg twice a day, children aged 3–10 years, and 20 mg three times a day, adolescents over 10 years old and adults.
For the treatment of organic urination disorders (for example, lack of a detrusor or sphincter, etc.) Picamilon should be taken in the following dosages depending on age:
- Children under 10 years old - 20 mg (1 tablet) three times a day,
- Children 11 - 15 years old - 50 mg (1 tablet) twice a day,
- Adolescents older than 15 years and adults - 50 mg three times a day.
The duration of therapy is at least one month.
General characteristics of the scope
Picamilon improves microcirculation and blood supply to the brain and other internal organs. Because of this property, the drug has been used in urological practice for a long time to treat various urinary disorders in children and adults. Picamilon has a scientifically proven effect on the bladder, improving its functional state and relieving or significantly reducing the severity of urination disorders in a child.
However, in recent decades, Picamilon in pediatric medical practice has become quite intensively applied for its intended purpose, that is, in order to improve the child's cognitive abilities (memory, attention, thinking, speech, etc.). Clinically, the effectiveness of Pikamilon for the treatment of psychomotor retardation of children over 3 years old (for example, speech disorders, a child does not speak, etc.) has been established. In such situations, the drug allows you to normalize the mental, physical and intellectual development of the child.
In addition, Picamilon is effective in maintaining the child’s mental and physical performance during periods of particularly intense workload at school. Also, the drug is indicated for use during the rehabilitation period after various head injuries. In young children under 3 years of age, Picamilon, in combination with magnesium and B-group vitamins, is used to eliminate increased nervous excitability, to improve sleep and to stop constant crying, hysterics, and bad mood.
However, in addition to the listed areas of application, currently Pikamilon is often prescribed to children under three years old in order to maintain muscle tone and to improve overall development. Such use of Picamilon is unreasonable, ineffective and harmful, since the drug cannot improve the child’s development and make a “genius” of it, and it is quite possible to disrupt the process of intensive brain formation during this period. Remember that Picamilon is a medicine, and it should be taken only when indicated, and not for "prevention." Any useful and effective medicine used inappropriately can lead to serious negative consequences.
Picamilon children - instructions for use
The duration of the course of using Picamilon in children with various conditions and diseases is the same and ranges from 1 to 1.5 months. If necessary, courses of therapy can be repeated, observing the intervals between them for at least 3 to 5 months.
The dosage and frequency of use of Picamilon for the treatment of any diseases except urinary disorders is determined by the age of the child:
- Children 3 - 10 years old - take 20 mg (1 tablet) twice a day,
- Children over 10 years old - take 20 mg (1 tablet) three times a day.
Picamilon Dosage for the treatment of urination disorders is as follows:
- Children 3 - 10 years - 20 mg (1 tablet) three times a day,
- Children 11 - 15 years old - 50 mg (1 tablet) twice a day,
- Adolescents older than 15 years and adults - 50 mg three times a day.
Picamilon is generally well tolerated and rarely causes side effects. Even if a side effect develops, as a rule, it has a low or medium severity.
Side effects of Picamilon include the following symptoms:
- Flushing of the face
- Facial redness,
- Allergic reactions (skin rash or itching),
- Paresthesias (feeling of running "goosebumps", etc.) - can occur only with intravenous administration of the drug.
If the side effects bother the person and reduce the quality of life, then the dosage of Picamilon should be reduced.
Picamilon - analogues
Currently, in the domestic pharmaceutical market there are preparations analogues and synonyms of Pikamilon. Analogs include drugs with a similar therapeutic effect, but containing another active substance. By synonyms include drugs containing the same active substance as Picamilon.
The following drugs are synonymous with Picamilon:
- Amilonosar solution and tablets,
- Sodium salt of N-nicotinoyl gammaaminobutyric acid,
- Picanoil tablets,
- Picogam pills.
The following drugs are analogues of Picamilon:
1. Atsefen pills,
2. Bravinton concentrate,
3. Vero-Vinpocetine tablets,
4. Vinpotropil capsules and solution,
5. Vinpocetine tablets and concentrate,
6. Vinpocetine forte tablets,
7. Vincentin tablets,
8.Glycine and Glycine Forte tablets,
9. Gopantam pills,
10. Demanol solution,
11. Idebenone capsules and tablets,
12.Cavinton tablets and concentrate,
13. Cavinton Forte,
14. Calcium gopantenat tablets,
15. Carnitetine capsules,
17. Kombitropil capsules,
18. Korsavin and Korsavin forte tablets,
19. Cortexin lyophilisate and dry extract,
20. Lucetam tablets and solution
21. Memotropil tablets,
22. Mini drops,
23. Neurotic capsules,
24. Noben capsules
25. NooKam capsules,
26. Nooclerin solution,
27. Noopept pills,
28.Nootropil capsules, tablets and solution,
29. Lobster pills
30.Pantogam syrup and tablets,
31. Pantocalcin tablets,
32. Piracesin capsules,
33.Piracetam granules, capsules and solution,
34. Pyriditol tablets,
35. Telektol tablets,
36. Thiocetam tablets and solution,
37. Fezam capsules
38. Phenotropil tablets,
39. Celestab capsules,
40. Cellex solution
41. Ceraxon solution,
42. Cerebrolizat solution,
44.Encephabol tablets and suspension,
45. Epithalamin powder,
46. Escotropyl solution.
Picamilon - reviews
The vast majority of reviews of Pikamilone are positive, which is associated with a pronounced clinical effect of the drug, which is well felt by people. Thus, in the reviews it is indicated that Pikamilon perfectly helps to cope with increased mental stress, improving the absorption of the material and making the thought clear and precise, and also soothes, relieves anxiety, stops fear and normalizes sleep. Pikamilon's ability to normalize sleep is noted by many people who took the drug for various diseases associated with impaired cerebral circulation (for example, after meningitis, cervical osteochondrosis, etc.).
Separately, it should be noted that, according to reviews, Pikamilon effectively suppresses a migraine attack and prevents their development. For people with migraines, according to their own reviews, Picamilon is literally a “magic wand”.
The undoubted advantages of Pikamilon include its low cost, which allows people to regularly take preventive and curative courses of taking the drug.
Negative reviews of Pikamilone are literally a few, and they are not due to its inefficiency, but to the development of side effects, against which people had to stop taking the medicine.
Picamilon for children - reviews
Feedback on the use of Picamilon for children in most cases is positive, because the drug helped to improve their condition. Thus, in most cases, parents gave Pikamilon children with restless sleep with frequent awakenings, irritability, emotional instability, excitability, lagging in physical and mental development (for example, speech delay, no attempts to get up and walk, etc.) and other problems associated with various disorders of the brain. In almost all cases, Picamilon had an excellent or good effect, completely or partially eliminating irritability, tearfulness and emotional instability, normalizing sleep and improving the child’s developmental indicators. Normalization of sleep under the influence of Picamilon was sufficient to abandon tranquilizers, for example, Seduxen. Due to such pronounced positive effects, as well as good tolerability and the absence of side effects, parents in most cases leave positive feedback about Pikilonone for children.
Certainly, in positive reviews, parents often express their concerns about the use of the drug acting on the brain of young children, but seeing its positive effects and the absence of side effects while the child is feeling good, they calm down and refer Picamilon to safe and good means.
We should also mention the positive reviews of Pikamilone associated with its use to eliminate the effects of cerebral hypoxia during childbirth. In such situations, the drug is used almost from birth to improve cerebral circulation. According to the results of the course of treatment with Pikamilon, the state of the brain of infants who underwent hypoxia during labor improves and fully normalizes.
Negative reviews of Pikamilone for children literally single. These reviews were left, as a rule, by parents who gave the child a drug for a long course (1 - 2 months), but did not receive the expected effect and improvements. As a result, parents are disappointed in the drug, which was ineffective in their particular situation, and leave a negative review about it. A small part of the negative reviews about Pikamilone due to severe tolerance of side effects, due to which the drug was forced to cancel.
1 How to act on the body
Dosage forms used in neurology may have different effects on the functions of the central nervous system.
Picamilon and Mexidol - drugs with similar antioxidant effect, but belonging to different groups of drugs.
Refers to a group of nootropics. It helps to improve the higher functions of the brain:
- stimulate memory
- improve mental performance,
- reduces the severity of neurological disorders.
It is also effective in treating conditions associated with increased anxiety, depression, and fears. It helps to improve blood microcirculation in the vessels of the brain.
Picamilon stimulates memory and improves mental performance.
Neuro-psychotropic drug. It is used as an anti-ischemic protection of the brain during strokes. It has a pronounced therapeutic effect in dyscirculatory encephalopathy. Improves memory and concentration. Effective in the treatment of mental pathologies of old age.Eliminates the effects of alcohol withdrawal syndrome with somato-neurological and mental disorders. It has a tranquilizing effect.
3 How to take Picamilon and Mexidol
The preferred form of administration is orally, in the form of tablets.
Preparations in ampoules are most often recommended in cases where the patient is not able to take the pills on their own.
They are prescribed for intravenous or intramuscular injection. Prick these drugs or use them in infusion therapy is allowed only in a hospital setting.
According to the instructions for use, tablets should be taken whole, without chewing and drinking water. It is recommended to use daily at the same time. The absorption of these drugs does not depend on food intake.
The ration, mode and duration of administration depend on the physical condition of the patient and the severity of the pathological process, therefore, are determined by the doctor.
The frequency of taking Picamilon - 0.02-0.05 g every 8 hours for 1-2 months.
Mexidol in pill form is assigned to 0.125-0.25 g every 8 hours for 1-1.5 months.
6 Contraindications to the use of Picamilon and Mexidol
Not recommended with a history of:
- kidney disease
- liver failure
- intolerance to the components of these dosage forms.
Renal failure is one of the contraindications to the use of Picamilon and Mexidol.
Natalia, 31, Yeisk
The neurologist did not like the EEG results, so she appointed my one-year-old daughter Mexidol in combination with Pikamilon. I have long doubted and worried about this, because the instructions for use of these drugs have age restrictions. In addition, at the same time to mix immediately 2 unapproved drugs seemed impractical.
The doctor explained that many drugs lack clinical trials in young children. But in practice (in the case of a positive experience) they are used even for premature babies and infants who are injured during childbirth.
The daughter underwent treatment well, and after the repeated EEG, the doctor noted a positive trend.
Tamara, 40 years old, Novosibirsk
Due to the constant stress at work, sleep disappeared, pressure drops and anxiety appeared. I turned to a neurologist. The doctor prescribed a course of injections of Mexidol in combination with Afabozol. The treatment helped. I became less nervous. Sleep has improved.
Andrey, 48 years old, Tomsk
For many years I suffer from vegetative dystonia. From this disease, little helps. A new neurologist from the clinic discharged Mexidol injections. The medicine helped. The disease began to recede.