The main symptoms of gastritis - pain in the stomach. Often "hungry." Once a person has a snack, the discomfort almost completely disappears. Such dynamics is inherent in chronic gastritis. Untreated disease has extremely negative consequences, including the development of an oncological process. With the exacerbation of gastritis, the pain becomes very intense. If you do not pay due attention to treatment, there is a risk of ulcers and bleeding. In the treatment of gastric diseases, diet takes a leading place.
Competent diagnostics: why it matters
Diagnosis of gastritis should be entrusted to a specialist. Pain in the stomach is not a reason to swallow antispasmodics and drugs that reduce acidity. In the presence of temporary or permanent discomfort of any intensity should consult a gastroenterologist.
Diet, as well as drug treatment, it is incorrect to choose on their own. Gastritis is of various forms and degrees. Each of them requires an individual approach to diet therapy. Gastritis happens:
- with reduced gastric secretion,
- with increased secretion
Atrophic gastritis (with low acidity) requires the introduction into the diet of mild stimulants of gastric secretion. And, for example, hyperacid (high acidity) - their complete exclusion from the daily diet.
There are also differences in diet, depending on the form of the disease. Acute inflammation requires maximum sparing of stomach function. In the recovery phase, an adaptive diet is selected. Next, a diet is prescribed to prevent the transition of the disease to the chronic form, but providing the body with all the nutrients.
Varieties of "gastric" tables
The doctor selects diet food for a patient with a diagnosis of gastritis, given the presence of concomitant diseases. Most often, inflammation of the gastric mucosa becomes a consequence or, conversely, causes pathology:
- the liver
If there are concomitant diagnoses, the diet should not only promote healing of the gastric mucosa, but also normalize the function of other organs. It is also designed to optimize the evacuation function of the stomach, small and large intestines. With this approach, the load on the pancreas and liver will be automatically reduced.
Doctors prescribe during gastritis one of the diets of Manuil Pevzner. The famous doctor has developed a range of different options for therapeutic nutrition. Among them there are options for the treatment of gastritis of different species.
- Diet number 1. It is used for the treatment of acute gastritis, rolling in the recovery phase, chronic hypoacid gastritis in the acute phase, chronic gastritis with normal secretory function.
- Diet number 1a. Provides maximum sparing of the gastric mucosa. It is used in the acute period, accompanied by the risk of opening a stomach ulcer and bleeding. Assigned to the patient for a short time.
- Diet number 5. It is prescribed to patients with chronic gastritis, not accompanied by sharp changes in the acidity of gastric juice. Also, table number 5 is used in the presence of associated diseases: cholecystitis, pancreatitis.
Diet for gastritis: general rules
Diet for gastritis begins immediately after the diagnosis of the disease. In acute form, inflammation of the gastric mucosa can provoke vomiting. This is a protective reaction of the body. Therefore, in the first couple of days of the exacerbation period, medical fasting can be shown: the patient drinks a lot of clean water and follows bed rest. The following is a short-term period of a very tight diet:
- volume - eat food in small portions every two hours,
- form - all dishes have a liquid and mucous consistency,
- salt - completely excluded
- irritants - a ban on substances harmful to the mucous is introduced,
- cooking - only cooking.
If you follow the dietary recommendations and the correct prescription of medications, the acute stage is stopped until the fifth day of treatment. The diet of the patient is changed according to the individual characteristics of the course of the disease. The list of products is expanding, it includes:
- lean meat - in processed form (soufflé and puddings),
- light soups - with the most boiled cereals and creamy dressing,
- fish - in the form of souffle and meatballs (steam),
- eggs - soft-boiled or protein omelet (steam),
- tea - plus some milk,
- liquid porridge - rice, oatmeal,
- butter - a little bit
- fruits and berries - in the form of jelly and jelly.
It is very important to eat with gastritis in a sparing mode. Do not eat or drink too hot or cold foods. The optimum temperature is from 20 ° C to 52 ° C. In the acute stage, all dishes should be barely warm.
When the acute period has passed
Food for gastritis outside the acute period requires a moderate schazheniya stomach. At the same time the task of the diet is to provide the body with essential nutrients. From the diet remove foods that provoke inflammation. It is saturated with protein, which is necessary for the healing of epithelial damage. Ensuring evacuation functions of the digestive tract play a huge role: constipation and fermentation processes in the intestine are extremely undesirable in gastritis.
Permitted products are steamed, boiled, baked. There is no urgent need for grinding. However, lumpy food should not contain coarse elements that can damage the mucous. The following table describes in more detail about the diet of patients with gastritis.
Table - What can you eat during gastritis (outside the acute period)
Strong stimulators of secretory activity
These are prohibited products for patients affected by gastritis with increased secretion, but for atrophic gastritis, the listed culinary delights are allowed in a small amount.
- meat, fish, mushroom broths, concentrated broths on vegetables,
- seasonings and spices: mustard, horseradish, radish,
- fried foods
- canned food
- tomato sauces,
- fish and meat stewed in its own juice,
- salted, smoked meats and fish, herring,
- salty, pickled, pickled vegetables and fruits,
- hard-boiled egg yolks,
- Rye bread,
- stale edible fats
- skimmed milk,
- strong coffee and tea
- carbonated drinks,
- sour, unripe fruit,
- raw vegetables.
In the list of permitted products for any gastritis.
- fat milk, cottage cheese,
- eggs with a semi-liquid yolk, scrambled eggs,
- long boiled meat
- boiled fresh fish,
- vegetable puree,
- dairy, slimy soups,
- milk porridges,
- boiled rice,
- alkaline mineral waters without gas,
- yesterday's white bread
- weak tea
Responsible role is given to culinary processing. For example, fried meat is a stronger stimulant than boiled. Consume roast meat with gastritis is not recommended for this reason.
Fats initially inhibit secretion, and after the formation of products of saponification of fats in the intestine stimulates gastric secretion. For example, if you eat herring in vegetable oil, the initial state of health will seem good, the stomach will remain silent. Gradually appear heartburn, dyspepsia, stomach pain, as evidence of harm eaten.
It is important to combine healthy products. For example, when combining proteins with fats, the stimulation of secretion is not as pronounced as with the consumption of just fats. However, stretched in time, long. Patients with gastritis with erosions are designed to avoid such combinations.
Motility of the stomach
With various types of gastritis, motility is an important factor affecting the patient's quality of life. The patient has to make an approximate daily menu, do not eat in public places, so as not to be trapped.
The consistency and chemical composition of food affect the motor function of the stomach and intestines; any piece of food eaten affects the motility.
Solid food is in the stomach longer. Faster is the evacuation of carbohydrates, then proteins, the last of the stomach leaving fats. In chronic gastritis, knowledge of the order is considered an important factor that can impair the quality of life.
General principles of nutrition in gastritis
The main goal of therapeutic nutrition is the treatment of the stomach and the prevention of exacerbations. Products for gastritis are divided into harmful and useful, recommended and not recommended.
- Meals on a schedule will lead to the fact that the stomach and enzyme systems are ready in time to take and digest food. Proper diet contributes to reparative processes.
- Nutrition for gastritis of the stomach is offered in a variety of nutrients and taste.
- Diet and weekly menus are made for a specific person, based on gender, energy and other factors.
- It is required to consider the correct percentage of B: G: U.
- Proper processing of food.
- In the development of nutritional pathology is taken into account.
- Eating properly is recommended in combination with a healthy lifestyle.
Do not overeat - there is a mechanical irritation of the stomach due to overdistension. Especially harmful is the regular excessive intake of food. A gastritis sufferer must understand that the inflamed gastric mucosa is extremely vulnerable, the mucosa is injured when overdressed.
Food, including fiber, damages the gastric mucosa, especially the inflamed. Products with coarse fibers:
- radish, turnip,
- peas with husks
- unripe fruit
- wholemeal bread.
It is not recommended to eat foods with connective tissue fibers:
A gentle diet is based on the following principles:
- It relies on small meals and often, facilitating the work of the stomach.
- Gradual transition from diet to diet.
- Taking into account the stage of development of the disease, the alternation of diets and use of products.
- Accounting for comorbidities.
- Prevention of possible complications.
With acute gastritis, before the appointment of remedial measures, the cause is eliminated. Poisoning becomes a frequent cause, and gastric lavage with warm water or soda solution prepared at the rate of 12 g of soda per liter of water will become an obligatory measure. After washing, a single intake of activated carbon in the form of a powder dissolved in water will make you feel better.
Then it is necessary to decide what is allowed to be eaten during gastritis. First of all, you should consult a doctor, in case of severe disease, call home. After examining the patient, the doctor will always, in addition to treatment, recommend a health food: diet, food, drinks.
- Fasting 2 days, followed by a normal drinking regime.
This is a period of purification of the body from toxins and partial restoration of the digestive system. During this period, questions are irrelevant whether mushrooms, pancakes, sour cream are allowed.
- The transition to food, according to the diet 0. Provided for the consumption of liquid and semi-liquid foods, enriched with vitamins. Low calorie - up to 1000 kcal per day.
A diet is prescribed to patients after operations, the recommended food is chosen to be extremely gentle, and the work of the stomach is minimal. The composition of the diet includes a minimum of products that are exclusively necessary.
Long-term adherence requires the appointment of parenteral nutrition, the regime includes not enough nutrients for a full life. Diet is useful only in the first days after the onset of the disease.
What products are allowed to use:
- fruit juices with sugar,
- tea with sugar,
- weak broth on meat
- scrambled eggs,
You can not eat strong stimuli. You can not smoke, tobacco smoke detrimental effect on the gastric mucosa, contributes to the development of chronic gastritis.
Eat little by little, in small portions. The stomach, after fasting, must be “started”, like other enzyme systems of the body.
- On the third day, diet 1a.
Compliance with the recommendations will allow the maximum protection of the stomach from mechanical and chemical damage. The main list of permitted foods corresponds to a diet one. A characteristic feature is a pasty meal, taken 6 times a day. The daily amount of energy is 1800 kcal due to the reduced amount of proteins and fats. Dietary table is appointed for a short period, for a long reception lack of nutrients can be traced.
- On the seventh day, start eating, according to diet 1b.
This is a transitional diet from 1a to 1 to gradually complicate the work of the stomach.
Diet 1b is necessary for the gradual transition to more difficult for the stomach food. The transition of predominantly liquid food to a pasty and semi-solid occurs, the action cannot be done quickly. Daily caloric intake is 2500 kcal.
- Long diet 1.
- Gradual transition to normal healthy eating.
Meals are designed to comply with certain principles required for compliance by a person who has experienced acute gastritis:
- The diet is recommended varied, characteristic of the area of residence.
- Sufficient energy, the diet consists of products with sufficient calories. With food, a person receives energy for an active and vigorous life. To determine the energy capacity of the product, a calorie table has been developed.
- It is necessary to eat 5-6 times a day, taking into account snacks, tasty and healthy. Snacking is necessary not with a chocolate bar, but with an apple, not chips, but nuts.
- Haste prevents the digestive system from working. With fast chewing, large pieces of food inhibit the work of the stomach, pererastyagivayut body. Food is delayed, dietary recommendations become useless.
- A sufficient amount of vegetables and fruits, without coarse fiber. If, after one day of acute gastritis, there were no issues with the stomach, the list of fruits and vegetables is like in a healthy person.
- Food should be cooked differently, you can not refuse soups and eat main dishes. Each culinary form has its own advantages, it is impossible to exclude dishes.
- Sufficient water intake. Soup, juice and tea do not refer to the item. The body receives a useful liquid only in the form of water, everything else refers to liquid food. Required to follow the drinking regime.
- The correct distribution of B: W: Y throughout the day. For example, during breakfast, it is better to increase the amount of proteins, they are slowly digested, slowly release energy, which is enough until the next meal.
- Last meal no later than two hours before bedtime. Preference is better to give vegetable, dairy dishes. If you cook meat products, they are carefully prepared to reduce the load on the stomach.
- The basic rule is fresh food. This is the principle of healthy nutrition and prevention of acute gastritis.
- Should eat when there is a feeling of hunger.
Characteristic diet 1
Ratio B: W: U 100g: 100g: 400g respectively.
Daily energy need - 2800 kcal.
The duration of adherence to diet until six months.
As with any diet, there is a list of products that are allowed and undesirable to use.
Consider the recommended products. They must have soft mechanical, chemical properties.
- yesterday's bread
- ground vegetable soups, milk soups, vegetable puree soups,
- beef, chicken and turkey meat in boiled, steam form,
- lean fish without skin or in the form of steam cutlets,
- curd mass, pudding,
- semolina, rice porridge on milk or water in the wiped form,
- steamed vegetables - potatoes, carrots, beets, cauliflower,
- boiled tongue,
- fruit purees, with sugar, honey,
When gastritis is permissible to drink milk, cream, fruit juice, weak tea or tea with milk.
Now consider the prohibited list. Recommend not to eat foods that cause and increase pain, stimulating gastric secretion.
- muffin, fresh bread,
- soup, soup, okroshka,
- duck, goose,
- fried foods
- smoked meat and canned food
- sour milk products
- millet, barley, legumes,
- soy sauce.
It is mandatory to take into account the characteristics of the organism. Each person has his own list of products that causes stomach pain. Similar relies to be removed from the menu. Often the patient knows that with gastritis, you can either not.
If the product is included in the list of permitted, but the patient has dyspepsia, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting - the product is canceled. If a person's stomach does not respond to the forbidden list, it does not mean that the product is good.
It is necessary to consider the age of the patient. For example, with the development of gastritis in young patients, the list of products may be expanded to increase caloric content by B and F by 20-30 g. With the development of gastritis in age patients, most of the diet should be made up of easily digestible foods. Elderly people decrease the number of calories they need.
In the process of dieting, it is useful to take vitamins, especially important is the content of vitamins C, groups B, A, E, PP. Before the appointment of vitamin complexes, the doctor will conduct a medical examination.
To achieve the best result, it is necessary to strictly follow the recommendations of the doctor and in addition to the diet, receive the treatment prescribed by the doctor.
To determine how to eat during gastritis, various menu options have been developed. If necessary, you should consult with a dietitian or gastroenterologist, having learned how to make an exemplary menu for the week.
During the day, the ration is divided into 6 meals: first and second breakfasts, lunch, afternoon snack and meals before bedtime.
The first breakfast with gastritis is offered with nutritious, includes boiled egg with semi-liquid yolk, cottage cheese casserole or ground cottage cheese, semolina, chopped buckwheat porridge. From drinks recommended weak tea, tea with milk, jelly.
The second breakfast is necessary for patients with gastritis, to maintain the work of the stomach until dinner. Products come in - baked apple or pear, it is permissible to add sugar, compote, rosehip decoction, fruit mousse.
Like any diet food, lunch is varied. For example, various types of vegetable soups, mashed potatoes, possibly with the addition of mucous decoctions of rice, milk soups, wiped vegetable soups. The meat is served as a souffle or boiled: rabbit meat, turkey, baked perch without skin. Desserts are recommended in the form of fruit and berry mousses and mashed potatoes.
The afternoon snack is necessary as a light snack and represents decoction of hips or wheat bran with sugar, jelly, cottage cheese casserole.
The dinner includes dietary dishes of boiled meat and fish: meatballs, beef stroganoff, steamed meatballs, pink salmon in milk, perch with sour cream sauce. The above is permissible to add boiled vegetables. Dinner should not overload the stomach.
At bedtime, it is helpful to drink a glass of slightly warmed milk or cream. For the fastest healing of the gastric mucosa in milk add a teaspoon of sea buckthorn oil.
Diet for gastritis of the stomach is made taking into account the nature of violations of the secretory activity of the stomach, how pronounced the inflammatory process, individual food preferences, an adequate ratio of necessary substances in the diet. It is necessary to monitor the usefulness of nutrition in patients with gastritis with reduced secretion.
If manifestations of flatulence due to stagnation of the stomach contents and fermentation processes in the intestine are expressed, the amount of carbohydrates will have to be limited.
If the patient has nutritional deficiencies, it is necessary to increase the amount of protein to increase the calorie intake.
More fiber is included in the diet of patients with chronic gastritis (CG), exceeding the indications of diet number 1.
Features diet of chronic atrophic gastritis (CAG)
Diet in the treatment of gastritis is necessary in the acute phase to reduce the effect of damaging factors and stimulate gastric glands to secretion.
During the exacerbation period, it is recommended to stick to diet 1a throughout the week.
When the condition has stabilized, it is possible to move on to diet 2, developed specifically for patients with CAH.
Characteristics of diet 2
Contents B: W: 100g: 90g: 400g respectively.
The daily energy requirement of 3000 kcal. Fractional feeding and strict adherence to recommendations will quickly have a positive effect.
The content of products, processing methods and consistency are less benign than with diet 1. More products are allowed for gastritis:
- beef broth soups with ground grains and pieces of vegetables, if the patient is well tolerated, soup from fresh cabbage, but not daily,
- boiled fish piece,
- bread cooked yesterday, biscuit cookies,
- fresh dairy products and in dishes,
- meat, poultry skinless, can be fried without a crust,
- vegetables, including cabbage,
- fresh tomatoes,
- apples baked, ripe berries and fruits in the wiped form,
- marshmallow, marshmallow, sugar, honey.
It is required to know what to eat during gastritis, avoiding undesirable consequences. We give a list of products that are dangerous in patients with gastritis.
- fresh bread, pastry,
- bean soups,
- fatty meat, poultry, shrimp,
- smoked food, canned food
- rough fruit in kind.
Of the general recommendations, a diet consisting of products that are long in the stomach is prohibited.
The diet recommended in the remission phase differs from that in the acute phase of chronic hepatitis.
When exacerbating CAH and the tendency to diarrhea, it is recommended to follow a diet of 4 and options: diet 4b and 4c.
Characteristics of diet 4
Nutrition on the diet differs careful attitude to the stomach and intestines.
The amount of carbohydrates is reduced to reduce the manifestations of bloating and excessive gas formation. Their volume is minimal. It is believed to reduce or eliminate the number of allowed choleretic products.
Diets adhere to no more than 5 days.
Contents B: W: 90g: 70g: 250g respectively. Daily energy need of 2000 kcal.
Food is steamed or boiled, then you need to wipe it clean.
- bread wheat crackers,
- soups on lean meat with the addition of mucous decoctions of rice, barley,
- soufflé of lean meat, fish,
- unleavened cottage cheese,
- butter in dishes,
- eggs with a semi-liquid yolk,
- grated porridge
- decoctions of vegetables
- green tea, blueberry kissel,
- raw apples grated.
Not recommended products:
The diet is monotonous, treatment for more than 5 days should not be carried out. Then go on a diet 2.
If CAG has a concomitant pathology of other organs of the gastrointestinal tract, it is recommended that you follow five diets.
Characteristics of diet 5
Content B: W: Physiological, corresponds to 100g: 90g: 350g.
Foods are steamed, boiled or baked.
Diet number 5 is considered to be very common with CG. Rub only coarse food, for example, foods rich in fiber.
Diet is characterized by a large variety in nutrition. Permitted Products:
- wheat bread, rye, yesterday,
- soups with vegetables and cereals, dairy with pasta,
- lean meat and poultry,
- eggs with a semi-liquid yolk, omelets,
- non-fat milk products,
- dairy, vegetable sauces,
- fresh vegetable salads,
- fruits, non-acid berries,
- honey, jam.
Not recommended products:
- salty soup, okroshka,
- fatty meat and poultry,
- fresh bread
- cream, full-fat milk,
- spicy seasonings
- chocolate, coffee, cocoa.
It should be noted that sometimes the product is included in both lists, for example, herring. The ability to consume fish in the fifth diet depends on cooking.
With a slight exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis, it is necessary to reduce the amount of carbohydrates and add protein. However, it is better to consult a doctor.
When transitioning CG to the remission phase, a transition to a normal physiological diet is recommended.
The need for a diet confirms the doctor, do not self-medicate!
Features of diet therapy of chronic gastritis with normal or increased secretion
When the condition worsens, a couple of days are supposed to refrain from eating and drinking heavily. Eating stimulates gastric secretion, it is absolutely not recommended to eat the first time.
Then follow a diet 1a, a week later - a diet 1b. When the state stabilizes and the clinical manifestations decrease, after 2 weeks it is possible to switch to a diet 1. The main criterion of the transition from diet to another is the absence of unpleasant sensations from food. If you follow a simple rule, the work of the stomach and intestines will begin to comfortably become more complex. If the eaten allowed soup brings pain in the stomach, you will have to prolong the diet and consult with your doctor.
The next stage of treatment will be diet 5.
The transition between diets depends on the development of the disease in a particular patient. Human gastric juice is produced in different ways, in each case of the disease features are seen.
A special feature of the diet in chronic gastritis with high acidity is the recommendation to remove products that stimulate secretion for a long time.
Basic rules of diet
All dishes must be cooked, steamed or baked without a crust. Too hot and very cold dishes are excluded from the diet.
It is important to limit the consumption of salt, which retains water in the body and irritates the gastric mucosa.
Diet suggests fractional meals - you need to eat 5-6 times a day, but little by little.
The caloric intake of food consumed per day should be 2,800–3,000 calories.
What is included in the menu?
As part of the diet number 1, soups based on vegetable broth with the addition of vermicelli, rice, and various vegetables are welcome. You can also fill soups with cream or boiled egg. Fish and non-rude meats are allowed.
Rye bread should be abandoned, but it can be replaced with dried bread or crackers. Also, the diet involves a complete rejection of puff pastry, fatty meats and canned food, salted cheeses, hot sauces and marinades. White cabbage, mushrooms, sorrel, spinach, onions, cucumbers, carbonated drinks, black coffee are contraindicated.
List of permitted products:
— Soups can be cooked from permitted grated vegetables on carrot or potato broth. Milk soups made from grated or well-boiled cereals (oatmeal, semolina, rice) with vermicelli and grated vegetables and cream soup from boiled chicken or meat are allowed.
— Bread and flour products banned, but not completely. It is allowed to eat wheat bread of the highest and 1st grade flour, but only yesterday's pastries or dried. Of the sweet flour products can be dry biscuit, dry biscuits, well-baked lean pastries, baked pies (with apples, boiled meat or fish and eggs, jam) and cheesecakes with cottage cheese.
Rye and any fresh bread, products from pastry and puff pastry are completely excluded.
— Meat and poultry You can only lean, without tendons and skin. Steam and boiled dishes of beef, young lean lamb and edged pork, chicken, turkey are allowed. Low-fat veal, chicken and rabbit can be eaten, but only boiled. Steam cutlets, meatballs, dumplings, soufflé, mashed potatoes, zrazy and cooked beef strogans are also allowed.
Fatty or sinewy varieties of meat and poultry, canned food and smoked foods are completely excluded.
— A fish - You can low-fat types without skin, a piece or in the form of cutlet mass. Fish can be boiled or steamed.
Fatty and salty types of fish, as well as canned fish are completely excluded.
— Milk products allowed, in particular, you can drink milk, cream, sour kefir, yogurt. Fresh non-sour cottage cheese and sour cream (but in small quantities), baked cheesecakes, soufflé, lazy dumplings, puddings, non-sharp grated cheese are also allowed.
Dairy products with high acidity, sharp, salty cheeses are completely excluded.
— Eggs You can cook soft or an omelet, 2-3 pieces per day.
Hard-boiled and fried eggs are completely excluded.
— Groats - allowed semolina, rice, buckwheat, oatmeal. Porridges are cooked in milk or water, semi-viscous and grated. You can also cook the chops from ground cereals, cook pasta and melted noodles and macaroni.
Millet, pearl barley, barley and corn grits, all legumes and whole pasta are completely excluded.
White cabbage, turnip, rutabaga, radish, sorrel, spinach, onions, cucumbers, pickled, pickled and pickled vegetables, mushrooms, canned vegetables are completely excluded.
— Snacks only boiled tongue, liver pate, doctor sausage, dairy, dietary fish with vegetable broth, sturgeon caviar, soaked low-fat herring and forshmak, soft cheese, unsalted ham without fat are admissible.
All spicy and salty snacks, canned foods, smoked foods are completely excluded.
— Sweets. You can eat berries and fruits in boiled and baked form, mashed potatoes, jelly, mousses, jelly, compotes, always in a wiped form. You can also cream, milk kissel, sugar, honey, non-acidic jam, marshmallow and marshmallow.
Sour, insufficiently ripe, fiber-rich fruits and berries, unwrapped dried fruits, chocolate and ice cream are completely excluded.
— Sauces and spices. Allowed moderate consumption of sour cream, fruit and milky fruit sauces. Dill, parsley, vanillin, cinnamon are very limited.
— The drinks. Loose tea, tea with milk, cream, weak cocoa and coffee with milk are allowed. Sweet juices from fruits and berries, as well as broth hips.
Fizzy drinks, kvass, black coffee are completely excluded.
— Fats and oils. You can - butter unsalted butter, premium cow's ghee, refined vegetable oils added to dishes.
All other fats are completely excluded.
Modifications: 1A and 1B
The diet table number 1 has two modifications: No. 1A and 1B. For the table number 1A, all dishes are prepared in liquid and porridge-like form or in the form of mashed potatoes. Eating is shown 6–7 times a day, while vegetables in any form, as well as fruits and bread, are strictly prohibited. Such a strict diet is prescribed in the first two weeks of acute peptic ulcer, acute or chronic gastritis, and one week after stomach surgery.
Table 1B differs from table 1A by the ratio of proteins, fats and carbohydrates and caloric content. Meals are also cooked in liquid or mushy form, and you need to eat 5-6 times, while vegetables, fruits and bread are banned. Table number 1B is assigned after completion of treatment with the use of table number 1A.
What can and can not be at gastritis?
Acute gastritis or stomach ulcers require a special therapeutic diet. After the diagnosis has been established, the patients ask what to eat during gastritis of the stomach, which cannot be eaten during gastritis of the stomach. Tables will help you to determine the products for the medical diet of the stomach.
For gastritis with low acidity of the stomach:
When gastritis with increased acidity of the stomach:
The table will help to navigate, pacify the gastric juice, lower or raise the pH. Independently select the menu, without an accurate diagnosis (namely, acidity and stage of inflammation) - is dangerous.
Diet during exacerbation of gastritis
For superficial gastritis in the phase of exacerbation or remission, the patient is fed only on the treatment table number 1 or other medicinal diets.In the case of severe attacks of stomach pain, nausea make hungry days: only drinking non-carbonated water with a special composition or weak tea.
After the removal of the acute state of gastritis, the mucous broths, kissels, and soups are transferred. The main principle is a sparing method of heat treatment, the absence of hot spices, fat. Vegetables and fruits should not be consumed sour, without peel, and home drinks and compotes are best not to carbonate during gastritis.
The principles of the menu
Composing the food menu for gastritis of the stomach for every day, you must adhere to the main nutritional recommendations:
- Fractionally eat 5-6 times during gastritis of the stomach,
- Follow a diet. When exacerbation of the stomach can not eat and drink, frozen or very cold. Eat only warm food. So the body digests it better, the meal will not irritate the mucous,
- To eliminate the mechanical irritant of the stomach during gastritis, you must thoroughly stew the food, grind in a meat grinder or blender. A coarse product (mushroom, meat with skin, fibrous vegetables) is poorly digested and aggravation begins, therefore it is undesirable in the diet,
- Do not dilute gastric juice drink. For at least an hour before the meal, refrain from water and other beverages during a therapeutic diet.
You can use ready-made menus or make a diet on your own for gastritis. But remember the prohibited and permitted foods for a diet with different acidities of gastritis.
Sample menu for the week
To have an impression about the diet, you can look at approximately the diet menu for gastritis of the stomach for a week with recipes. There is a clear fractional diet schedule: eating several times a day. Such a meal for a week has an attractive appearance and meets the energy needs due to a well-thought-out caloric content.
- Breakfast - boiled egg, dried bread, boiled oatmeal, decoction of apple and rosehip.
- The second breakfast - compote from boiled dried fruits (1 cup) and dry biscuit.
- Lunch - buckwheat soup, pumpkin puree, chicken zrazy, tea with milk (sugar can be added).
- Tea time - 1 glass of milk, yogurt, kefir and dried toast (fried bread is unacceptable).
- Dinner - vermicelli with steamed beef chops, sour cream vegetable salad, cocoa. At bedtime: 250 grams of non-greasy ryazhenka.
- Breakfast - buckwheat, dairy souffle, tea.
- The second breakfast - 1 glass of sweet oat broth.
- Lunch - slimy rice soup, spaghetti with beef zrazami, boiled carrots and peas, cocoa with milk.
- Safe, - dairy curd.
- Dinner - vegetable casserole, steam chops, light herbal decoction with honey.
- Before going to bed - 1 glass of fruit jelly.
- Breakfast - dairy cottage cheese with honey, toast, dried fruit compote.
- The second breakfast - kefir or 1 glass of milk.
- Lunch - soup of potatoes, casserole with vegetables and rabbit, compote of dried fruits.
- Tea time - mousse or dairy souffle with fresh fruit.
- Dinner - rice porridge with boiled rabbit, boiled carrots and peas, tea with milk.
- At bedtime - cocoa with milk and 2 oatmeal cookie tricks.
- Breakfast - oatmeal, boiled fish, tea with milk,
- The second breakfast - milk jelly.
- Lunch - vegetable soup with chicken, mashed potatoes and carrots, steam cutlet, cocoa with milk.
- Safe, - dairy curd.
- Dinner - meatball with boiled peas, toast, compote of dried fruits.
- Before going to bed - kefir or milk.
- Breakfast - boiled egg, dried bread, boiled oatmeal, cocoa with milk.
- The second breakfast - 1 glass of sweet oat broth.
- Lunch - pea soup, steam fish, baked pumpkin.
- Tea time - milk jelly.
- Dinner - vegetable casserole, steam fish, rosehip decoction.
- Before going to bed - 1 cup of kefir and oatmeal cookies.
- Breakfast - apples with cottage cheese and raisin filling baked, toast, juice.
- The second breakfast - kefir or milk.
- Lunch - vegetable soup with chicken, mashed potatoes and carrots, steam cutlet, cocoa with milk.
- Safe, - sour-milk cottage cheese with honey.
- Dinner - vermicelli with boiled chicken, baked pumpkin, cocoa with milk.
- Before bed - 1 glass of fruit jelly.
- Breakfast - buckwheat milk cereal, dairy souffle, tea.
- The second breakfast - baked fruit and a glass of milk.
- Lunch - cauliflower puree soup, zrazy with rice, cocoa with milk.
- Snack - vegetable casserole and tea.
- Dinner - steamed fish with carrots and peas, salad with vegetables and sour cream, rosehip broth.
The acute stage of the disease with this diet will quickly turn into a remission of gastritis.
Dietology offers different recipes to diversify the diet for gastritis in adults and children. They have delicate heat treatment, do not use spices and fats. The main rule of nutrition for a sick stomach: food should be of medium temperature. A hot or cold meal will aggravate the situation with ulcerative gastritis. Some recipes for food for the illness of the stomach at home, we describe below.
Popular mucous broth with gastritis of the stomach. Such a product soothes the gastric mucosa, relieves chronic ailment, increases digestibility.
Slimy rice soup with parsley
- 1 parsley root,
- 1 carrot,
- 200 ml low fat broth,
- rice or rice grain fines,
- butter on the tip of the knife.
- Put rice in broth.
- At the stage of partial readiness, sliced carrots and parsley root are poured into the broth.
- When all the ingredients are boiled, chop them through a sieve, blender.
- Add butter to the plate.
Egg fish soup
- 250 grams of fish low-fat decoction,
- 1 carrot,
- 1 egg.
- In the broth cut the carrots in small pieces.
- Boil until cooked.
- Add the low-fat boiled fish to the plate and cut the egg.
- 200 g low-fat veal or beef,
- 20 g cooked rice
- 30 g of rusks,
- half a teaspoon of butter.
- Grind meat in a blender or meat grinder.
- Add crackers.
- Form a cake.
- Put rice and butter in the center of each. It will give a creamy taste.
- Form a view and send for 15 minutes to a double boiler or a slow cooker.
Diet number 1 for gastritis and gastric ulcer
Such a diet has a well-chosen calorie content of 2900–3100 kcal, which allows patients to maintain an active lifestyle and not experience a shortage of energy. A rich selection of permitted products for gastritis of the stomach creates a menu that does not get bored. This is important, because such a diet and a person adheres to a few months in order to restore the acidity of digestive juices. The first results in gastritis of the stomach can be detected after 2 weeks of the diet number 1.
Medical table completely excludes:
- Any broths (including mushroom, bean broth), sour first courses: pickle, okroshka, cold soups with added kvass,
- Smoked and salted delicacies: fatty fish, salted meat, sausages and sausages should not be used in the diet for gastritis,
- Sour fruit or vegetable juice,
- Fresh baked goods,
- Fatty and spicy varieties of hard cheese, dairy cottage cheese,
- Products with a high content of dietary fiber (fiber): millet, barley, wheat cereals, cabbage of all kinds, radishes, Jerusalem artichoke, spinach,
- Any spicy, savory sauces and seasonings,
- Fat including oil and oil in its pure form is impossible for stomach ailments,
- Coffee, strong brewed tea injure the gastric mucosa,
- Alcohol-containing drinks. They even in small amounts in the diet aggravate gastritis.
All products that are allowed to be used in gastritis are prepared by baking, stewing, steaming, baking (but without crusting), coarse products are wiped.
The diet for the stomach includes:
- Dry biscuit without a layer, biscuits without cream, sugar, dairy souffle or from non-sour fruit. They will serve as a source of energy in the diet for gastritis,
- White bread in the form of dried toasts or crackers,
- Soups (vegetable, meat, fish). A prerequisite diet: use low-fat, dietary varieties of raw materials. Ideal for stomach warm potato soup, oatmeal vegetable broth, egg soup,
- Meat of a low-fat rabbit variety, poultry: turkey fillet, chicken breast without skin. Just boil a whole piece of steamed, cook a steam patty, meatball, meat puddings for gastritis,
- Steamed or Baked Fish Dish,
- Non-acidic vegetables in the form of mashed potatoes: carrots, potatoes, pumpkins, zucchini. Fruits: apple, peach fresh, without peel or cook jelly, jelly fruit compote, bake. Otherwise, you can injure the gastric mucosa,
- Low-fat milk, dairy products with low fat content (kefir). They will restore the microflora and normalize the activity of the stomach during gastritis,
- Vermicelli, pasta, buckwheat or oatmeal boiled (it is possible to use crushed cereals). When cooking a side dish, you can add vegetable broth or milk,
- Light tea with lots of milk, milk-based cocoa, dogrose diet drink. Depending on the acidity of the stomach, you can drink medicinal mineral non-carbonated water.
Medical nutrition during atrophic gastritis
Atrophic superficial gastritis is an inflammatory process with the formation of local or extensive lesions of the gastric mucosa. Atrophy (necrosis) of tissues occurs in the foci of inflammation. With the advanced or serious stage of the disease, the deep balls of the stomach die. Such a condition in gastritis signals itself mainly unpleasant fetid belching in the initial stages. In the later stages of the stomach ailment, a deep digestive disturbance, intoxication, anemia, fatigue, deterioration of the overall condition of the skin of the whole body occurs.
Diet for atrophic gastritis, the stomach sets goals:
- Restoration of normal activity of the upper part of the digestive system (stomach),
- Regeneration of the affected areas of the mucous membrane of atrophic gastritis of the stomach,
- Preventing the spread of inflammation of the stomach,
- Normalization of acidity and activity of digestive enzymes.
When a diet for the stomach is excluded from the diet the same foods that adversely affect digestion. It is recommended to enter into the diet sea salt with atrophic gastritis.
Food for gastritis of the stomach includes:
- Omelette and soft-boiled eggs, raw if desired (from a private household),
- Vegetable soups,
- Oat and buckwheat broths and liquid cereals,
- Kissels, jelly,
- Steam patties and minced meat dishes.
Diet menu for gastric erosive gastritis
A gastroenterologist selects a diet for erosive gastritis. Treatment depends on the stage of the disease, the degree of damage to the gastric mucosa, the state of remission or exacerbation, the activity of digestive enzymes and pH. By listening to the recommendations of a specialist, you can quickly achieve positive results in gastritis of the stomach.
In diets for erosive gastritis of the stomach it is necessary to exclude:
- Products with strong extractive characteristics: cabbage in any form, a variety of canned and fatty pate, smoked meats, pickles, chocolate, coffee and caffeinated beverages are undesirable to the stomach,
- Dishes with critically high or low temperature: ice cream, sorbet, flambie delicacies,
- Dishes, fried or pickled, bring discomfort to the stomach,
- Spicy and bitter seasonings,
- Sour milk, yogurt and fruit.
Eating with this ailment of the stomach is necessary in small portions, at regular intervals. Sometimes with lesions of certain areas of the mucous membrane, it is recommended to lie down. Basically, the food for the sick stomach includes products recommended for any therapeutic diet for gastritis.
During the phases of exacerbation of gastritis of the erosive type, the stomach needs rest. Therefore, periodically spend days without eating food. During this period, only non-carbonated water or special medicinal herbal preparations are taken. With this diet, the gastric mucosa has time to recover, and the process of digesting food will go better.